"My year as an inaugural Lime Connect Fellow has been one of the best experiences of my life. We're truly changing the way society and corporations view people with disabilities by proving that PWDs deliver quality and results - and we're having fun!
New York, NY (PRWEB) March 30, 2011
Lime Connect (Lime) and its corporate partners Bank of America Merrill Lynch, PepsiCo, Google, Target & Goldman Sachs are pleased to announce The 2011 Lime Connect Fellowship Program for Students with Disabilities. Lime represents a “fresh approach” in the disability talent space, and our premier Fellowship Program attracts highly accomplished students with disabilities, prepares them for the recruitment process, and connects them with the world’s leading corporations. This yearlong program includes educational workshops, leadership/skill building, interview preparation, industry overviews and multiple opportunities to interact with partner companies via The Leadership & Development Symposium, webinars and organized mentor programs.
Lime Connect Fellow Benefits:
- Participation in an all-expense paid Leadership & Development Symposium in NYC
- Access to Lime Connect’s partner companies via networking events, mentorship programs and career workshops
- Prestige of selection as a member of the 2011 Lime Connect Fellows class
- Networking with other Lime Connect Fellows from around the country
- Mentor relationships with the inaugural 2010 Class of Lime Connect Fellows
- A $1,000 Lime Fellows Award
- A current sophomore/rising junior at a four-year university in the United States
- Continuing studies as a full-time student for the 2011-2012 academic year
- Eligible to work in the United States
- A person with a (visible or invisible) disability.* (See definition below.)
- If selected, candidates will attend the following all-expense paid events in New York City:
• May 19 or 20, 2011 – Lime Connect Fellows Selection “Super Day” (all finalists)
• August 3 - 6, 2011 – Lime Connect Fellows Leadership & Development Symposium
How to Apply
Candidates apply online via The Lime Network, and provide the following:
- Contact and education information
- Current resume
- Academic transcript
- Answers to essay questions
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, advisors or supervisors
To register for The Lime Network and apply:
Go to http://www.limeconnect.com
Application Deadline: Midnight on Sunday, April 17, 2011
The Lime Network is designed as an exclusive resource for high potential students, and alumni, with disabilities. It is Lime Connect’s broader, virtual program that prepares and connects candidates for career success regardless of their geographic location. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to register and learn of all Lime Connect opportunities, including The 2011 BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship (deadline May 8, 2011).
*A person with a disability is defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more activities that others may consider to be a daily function. This definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply.