San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 29, 2011
A springtime visit to a slightly less traveled to European destination can be a travelers’ best trip strategy. The team at Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking nearly 6,000 trip activities and experiences at the best prices, recommends considering destinations like Amsterdam, Barcelona and Istanbul for spring getaways and Easter breaks with smaller crowds, favorable weather and unique cultural experiences around every corner.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Amsterdam boasts an intriguing blend of old and new with the ease of one of the world’s best hangouts and the exuberance of a big city. But this time of year what the region is best known for are its tulips and other beautiful flowers. In addition to the millions of flowers, travelers to Amsterdam should experience the canals, windmills and art that make this smaller European city a hugely appealing destination.
- The Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam brings travelers to one of Holland’s top attractions to see millions of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths in full bloom. VIATOR FLASH SALE – March 29 thru 31 – receive 50% off for visits in April 2011.
- The Keukenhof Gardens Day Trip, Amsterdam Canal Ride and Van Gogh Museum combines three must-see attractions and during April, the museum will showcase a flower mosaic of Van Gogh’s self portrait with felt hat called “Bloom.”
- The Skip the Line: Amsterdam and Holland Pass includes free entry to over 40 attractions, 100 special offers in shops and restaurants, and skip the line access to Van Gogh Museum and other sites.
- The Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip from Amsterdam travels through the Dutch countryside with visits to fishing villages, clog-makers and a Dutch cheese farm.
- A bike-friendly city, the Amsterdam Countryside Bike Tour takes travelers through a nature reserve, through picturesque old villages, and past countless brooks and waterways.
Visiting Barcelona in spring is ideal as beating the rush of summer crowds allows for more relaxed exploration. This Spanish hot-spot delights with their local food, fashion, style, architecture and music. Here are some of Viator’s favorites for discovering this beautiful coastal city and surrounding region.
- The Barcelona Scooter Tour gives travelers access to every corner of the city to explore the jewels of Catalonia's art nouveau and modernism movements, Montjuic Park and the waterfront.
- The Montserrat and Cava Trail Small Group Day Trip from Barcelona combines mountains, history and wine-tasting on a visit to Montserrat and Freixenet
- The Sitges and Freixenet's Cava Wine Cellars Day Trip from Barcelona combines wine-making secrets with an underground train ride through the cava cellars with a stop at the coastal village of Stiges, home to 17 beaches.
- For panoramic views of the Pyrenees, Mediterranean, Montserrat, there’s not a more exhilarating adventure than the Hot Air Balloon Flight over Catalonia with sumptuous champagne brunch.
- The Salvador Dali Museum, Figueres and Cadaques Small Group Day Trip from Barcelona is one of the most complete Dali tours including his home in Port Lligat and Cap de Creus.
- Hiking in St Miquel del Fai includes visits St. Miquel's 10th-century chapel, the St. Miquel del Fai waterfalls and Tosques caves with amazing stalactite and stalagmite formations.
One of the world’s truly romantic cities, visitors to Istanbul, Turkey's largest city and its cultural heart, can walk through streets where crusaders once marched on their way to hunt for bargains in the famous Grand Bazaar. The former capital of the Roman and Ottoman Empires, Istanbul has a bustling culture, active nightlife and diverse architectural landscape.
- For a perfect introduction to the fabled city, travelers should check out the Istanbul in One Day Sightseeing Tour: Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar.
- For a more personalized experience, the Private Tour: Istanbul in One Day Sightseeing Tour including Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace offers many of the city’s most important attractions in addition to added customization.
- Start the day with a visit to the 17th century Spice Bazaar during the Bosphorus Cruise and Istanbul's Egyptian Bazaar experience.
- The 2-Day Troy and Gallipoli Tour from Istanbul takes a step back in time with visits to Gallipoli, Anzac Cove, Lone Pine Cemetery and other famous memorials from World War One.
For more unique, slightly off-the-beaten-path itineraries for travel to Europe, travel inspiration as well as the latest news, special promotions, deals, contests and suggestions, travelers can visit the Viator Travel Blog (http://travelblog.viator.com) as well as Twitter (ViatorTravel) and Facebook (ViatorTours).
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to nearly 6,000 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like more than 250,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at http://www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, including seven European-language sites and a Japanese site, Viator welcomes approximately 3 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.