Rancho Cordova, CA (PRWEB) April 11, 2011
For most individuals, a beauty routine begins in the bathroom and involves touching the lips and eyes – both opportunities to come into contact with contaminants like bacteria and germs. Skincare-News.com offers easy ways to maintain clean cosmetics for an effective and safe makeup regimen in its latest article, “10 Simple Tips for Keeping Your Makeup Germ-Free.”
1. Keep everything clean. To keep germs from contaminating cosmetics, clean brushes and tools on a regular basis. Follow these guidelines:
- Brushes: Clean cosmetic brushes once a month (or more often for those with acne-prone skin). Use a mild soap or shampoo, or a specially designed brush cleaning formula like Colorescience Brush Cleanser.
- Sponges: Clean high-quality multiple-use sponges weekly and, when possible, use those with antibacterial properties like Illuminare Fast Application Sponge. If opting for disposable sponges, remember to throw them away after each use.
- Tools: Metal tools like tweezers, sharpeners and scissors should be wiped with alcohol before each use.
Also, instead of setting cosmetics on the bathroom counter where they can pick up germs, place them on a clean paper towel or bath linen.
2. Throw away expired products. Each product has a limited lifespan, so replace cosmetics regularly to keep skin looking its best.
- Mascara: 2-3 months
- Foundation: 6-12 months
- Concealer: 1 year (liquid) or 2 years (stick)
- Powder: 1 1/2 years
- Eye shadow and eyeliner: 3 months
- Lipstick and lip gloss: 1 year
3. Store cosmetics below 85 degrees F. Since humidity promotes microbial growth and makes the preservatives in cosmetics less effective, makeup should be kept away from heat – never in the shower or glove compartment. Designate some space within a cool, dark cupboard or linen closet for all products.
4. Sharpen pencils. Carve away contaminated surfaces by sharpening pencils before each use. Use an antibacterial sharpener like DuWop Beauty Blade that works for both lip liners and eye pencils.
See the complete guide to maintaining germ-free makeup for a healthy beauty routine at Skincare-News.com.
Skincare-News.com consistently covers all skincare and beauty topics from head to toe. Check out these latest articles:
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 10: Makeup
Makeup can be a great way to amplify natural beauty and conceal flaws, but for most people, learning the cosmetic ropes takes practice. Even for those who only wear makeup on occasion, learning what works and what doesn’t is key to a polished look. Use Part 10 of the Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook to demystify cosmetics like primers and mineral makeup, and create the best makeup regimen for individual skin types and lifestyle. Plus, see answers to questions on application tips, proper makeup and brush storage, and tricks for creating a glowing complexion.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 9: Ingredients
Confused about the many skincare ingredients on the market and what’s right for individual skin types? Looking for a new solution to a particular skincare issue, like hyperpigmentation, rosacea or fine lines? Look to Part 9 of the Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook to find out about the latest and greatest ingredients, plus tried and true treatments to improve overall skin health. Lastly, learn how to safely use potent ingredients like retinol and hydroquinone, without negative side effects.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 8: Hair
Searching for a foolproof hair care routine that will keep strands healthy and gorgeous? In this section of the FAQ Handbook, people can find answers to a multitude of hair-related concerns, covering everything from affordable hair treatments to general styling tips. Get pointers on dyeing hair at home, reviving dull locks, combating frizz and more.
Whether people are noticing signs of heat damage or are concerned about hair loss, itchy scalp or a seasonal issue, check out this comprehensive guide to lovely locks.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 7: Cosmetic Procedures
Got a skin issue that requires more than topical treatment? It might be time to consider the benefits of cosmetic procedures. Before going to a professional, check out Part 7 of our Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook. Find out how professional treatments can help you achieve long-term results for dark circles, wrinkles, spider veins and hair removal. Learn what kinds of treatments can deliver the biggest benefits you want, plus important information on caring for skin post-procedure.
About Skincare-News.com—“Your Source for Intelligent Skin Care”
Skincare-News.com is the online source for consumers seeking intelligent beauty and skin care news, advice, tips and articles. Founded in 2005, Skincare-News.com features articles, news items and frequently asked questions on skincare and beauty-related issues. Skincare-News.com is located in Sacramento, California, but receives visitors from all around the world. For more information, visit http://www.skincare-news.com.