Rancho Cordova, CA (PRWEB) April 18, 2011
Regardless of age or skin type, there’s much to be gained from a short sit-down with a dermatologist when it comes to effective skin care. In just a quick visit, patients can receive essential information about the condition of their skin and tips to improve their regimens. Read on to learn how to pick a practitioner and how to prepare for an office visit in Skincare-News.com’s latest article, “Dermatologist 101: How a Visit Can Transform Your Routine.”
Reasons to go
Incorporating professional dermatological care into a skin care routine is a great way to enhance the health and appearance of skin — and a proactive measure to sidestep expensive corrective treatments later in life.
In addition to routine skin evaluations and cancer screenings, a dermatologist can also treat and correct:
- Cold sores
- Chronic dry skin
- Skin conditions such as eczema and rosacea
What to expect
When visiting a dermatologist for the first time, here’s how to prepare and what to expect:
- Bring your medical history. The clinic will ask patients to fill out a form that details medical history. This helps the doctor identify genetic disorders or health conditions that may influence treatment.
- Be prepared to discuss current medications and conditions. Patients will also be asked to list any prescription or over-the-counter medications they’re taking — even those unrelated to skin care. Also, those experiencing any skin condition — like acne or chronic dry skin — will be asked to describe details about their symptoms.
- Skip makeup. The dermatologist may wish to examine the patient’s skin, so it’s best to remove heavy cosmetics before the office visit.
- Bring questions, concerns and a pen and paper. When face-to-face with a dermatologist, it’s easy to forget key questions — so always bring a list. General questions like “What’s my skin type?” or specific inquiries about a condition like acne or aging are helpful to address. And don’t forget a pen and paper to jot down any essential directions or tips from the doctor.
Learn how to pick a practitioner and schedule a visit, plus get more tips on getting the most out of professional dermalogical care, at Skincare-News.com.
Skincare-News.com consistently covers all skincare and beauty topics from head to toe. Check out these latest articles:
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 15: Skincare Conditions
Finding the correct cause or treatment for a particular skin condition can be challenging. Whether a person is suffering from hives, sun spots, rosacea or another condition, look to Chapter 15 of the Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook for tips on improving overall skin health. Find out how to identify and treat skin conditions, plus prevent future outbreaks from occurring.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 13: Sun Protection
For those who are concerned about aging, the number one tip for healthy skin long-term is widely known: sun protection. Not only does proper sun precaution safeguard skin from painful sunburn, it also helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles that come with aging. In this chapter of the FAQ Handbook, discover essential facts about sun exposure, tips on treatment, plus the low-down on tanning and skin cancer. Read on for the best ways to soothe a sunburn, the facts behind sun protection terminology, and how to prevent sun-related conditions like melanoma.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 3: Anti-Aging
For most people, aging gracefully requires some help. Before spending a fortune on anti-aging treatments, look to Part 3 of Skincare-News.com’s Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook for practical advice on healthy, youthful skin from head to toe. In Part 3, learn about the different types of aging, treatments for the face and body, and the best ingredients to battle everything from crow’s feet to sagging skin.
Skincare & Beauty FAQ Handbook – Part 2: Acne
Looking for answers on effective ways to fight acne? With Skincare-News.com’s Beauty & Skincare Guide, anyone can learn the ins and outs of healthy skincare from head to toe. Whether the goal is to find a gentle acne treatment for dry skin or banish back acne for good, these FAQs can help create a personalized skincare regimen. People will also find tips on treating adult acne during menopause or after discontinuing birth control.
About Skincare-News.com—“Your Source for Intelligent Skin Care”
Skincare-News.com is the online source for consumers seeking intelligent beauty and skin care news, advice, tips and articles. Founded in 2005, Skincare-News.com features articles, news items and frequently asked questions on skincare and beauty-related issues. Skincare-News.com is located in Sacramento, California, but receives visitors from all around the world. For more information, visit http://www.skincare-news.com.