“Hedge funds and institutions were the major drivers of trading during this period, positioning ahead of further market turbulence and the end of the Federal Reserve’s $600 billion bond-buying program in June.” -Mathew ‘Whiz’ Buckley, Options University
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) April 4, 2011
- March was a record month in options trading. The events overseas in Japan, Egypt and Libya caused volatility in the stock market, making March the busiest month on record in the trading of U.S. listed options. The OCC estimates that 416 million U.S. stock options changed hands in March. The figure tops the previous high set in the May 2010 month of the "flash crash" that saw a rush of investors seeking protection against plunging stocks.
- Option University’s Chief Strategy Officer, Mathew ‘Whiz’ Buckley, was quoted on March 31 in the Wall Street Journal’s Market Watch, saying, “Hedge funds and institutions were the major drivers of trading during this period, positioning ahead of further market turbulence and the end of the Federal Reserve’s $600 billion bond-buying program in June.” The full Wall Street Journal article can be accessed at: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/options-trading-hit-record-in-march-2011-03-31
- The instructor staff at the Options University is comprised of a team of respected professional options traders who are leaders in the field. The newest addition to Options University is CNBC Fast Money Trader Jared Levy. Levy recently published a virtual encyclopedia on options trading called Your Options Handbook: The Practical Reference & Strategy Guide to Trading Options. Levy regularly appears on major financial news networks, including Bloomberg TV and Fox Business News.
- One of the best ways for people to leverage the advice of this ‘powerhouse’ of options traders is to join their Skill-based Trade Alert Service, available to traders of all experience levels. This service provides people with a minimum of two potentially profitable trade ideas every week. For a free 14 day trial, visit: http://www.optionsuniversity.com/OUTA14/. This is the ideal way for people to get ‘insider insight’ on the options market in real time, giving them a solid advantage in their trading.
- Options University, based in Boca Raton, FL, is a leading global resource for options trading education and training, teaching investors better personal investing strategies. Options University offers courses for investors at every level of experience, and has many different products and services to choose from including home study courses, live interactive online classes, and live seminars all over the world.
- Options University has been named as one of Inc. Magazine’s Top 500 privately held companies in the United States. As part of this prestigious honor, they were named as #276 on the list of private companies in the U.S. They were also ranked #2 in the Top Education Companies and #11 in the Top 100 Businesses in Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Miami Beach, FL.