"Our goal is really to help individuals connect and to build a bridge between neighbors and their local communities,” said Sabira Aferin, CEO and founder of LocalBlox.
Bellevue, WA (PRWEB) April 5, 2011
LocalBlox today announced the launch of a free site to connect neighbors, businesses and neighborhoods. Recognizing that with today’s busy lifestyles, these days neighbors rarely get a chance to meet, and residents of a local area do not always have a chance to connect, LocalBlox allows for neighbors to do just that: meet one another, interact, get to know local businesses, and explore neighborhoods.
LocalBlox brings users together through the power of Social Media 2.0 with features that include personal and business to consumer networking for each of tens of thousands of neighborhoods. LocalBlox is bringing neighborhoods and neighbors together by bringing them to the computer screen. See an overview of the site by visiting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbAfDy6jFPA.
“LocalBlox is all about getting to know one another, and one’s local neighborhood and surroundings. Cohesive neighborhoods are usually linked to better outcomes for children, decreases in crime, and improved physical and mental health. Our goal is really to help individuals connect and to build a bridge between neighbors and their local communities,” said Sabira Aferin, CEO and founder of LocalBlox.
A comprehensive neighborhood social media site, the main features of LocalBlox include:
- Neighbor Profiles: Find neighbors and connect with neighbors.
- Neighborhood Wall: Talk to neighbors, create buzz, and make posts to your neighbors’ profiles.
- Neighborhood Jobs: Search for local job opportunities and post available opportunities.
- Neighborhood News and Buzz: Share the latest local news and views
- Local Events and Community: Find out what’s going on in your area, like performances, garage sales, and block parties.
- Local Amenities, Businesses and Services: Explore nearby parks and playgrounds, read reviews of local businesses from local residents.
The LocalBox site also allows residents and fans to add any neighborhood that is not yet among the approximately 50,000 locations already available.
To learn more about LocalBlox, visit http://www.localblox.com or follow LocalBlox on Twitter at @LocalBlox or on Facebook.
Designed to allow residents and businesses in specific neighborhoods to meet and interact with their neighbors, LocalBlox is a highly innovative social media portal that covers tens of thousands of neighborhoods throughout the US and allows users to add additional areas.