A new technical IT security conference designed by the EC-Council (developer of the Certified Ethical Hacker standard)
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) April 11, 2011
TakeDownCon, the technical IT security conference series designed by the EC-Council, is making its debut in the information security conference arena next month.
Taking place from May 14-19, in Dallas, Texas, TakeDownCon will feature advanced and highly technical presentations and demonstrations on new vulnerabilities and exploits from leading figures in the information security industry. It will also provide real-world infosec training through the EC-Council, including its flagship course, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) – an accepted certification by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8570.
Key highlights at TakeDownCon Dallas 2011 include:
- Keynote speaker Barnaby Jack, who most recently gained widespread media attention for demonstrating, at BlackHat 2010, the exploitation of vulnerabilities within Automated Teller Machines (ATMs)
- Advanced technical presentations from industry experts, including Josh Shaul, Joe McCray, Alex Rothacker, and Jeremiah Talamantes, on topics including database attacks, automated malware analysis, smart phone security models, and taking down government security systems, among others
- Pre-event training for the world-renowned, DoD Directive 8570-accepted Certification Ethical Hacker (CEH) version 7, the Certified Security Analyst (ECSA), as well as the Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) program
- Highly advanced and technically intensive courses provided by EC-Council’s new Center of Advanced Security Training (CAST), in areas ranging from advanced penetration testing, application security, and digital mobile forensics
- Launching of “Nite Locks et al,” an event that gives attendees a hands-on opportunity to test their lock-picking skills under the tutelage of experts
TakeDownCon Dallas, May 14-19 at the InterContinental Dallas, is sponsored by Application Security, Element K, SAINT Corporation and Damballa Inc, among others. Some of the Supporting Organizations of the event includes the FBI InfraGard’s North Texas Chapter and NAISG’s Dallas Chapter. The conference also enjoys the support of (ISC)2 as its Lead Global Education partner. For more information, including a complete program, presentation synopses, and registration details, please visit http://www.takedowncon.com.
TakeDownCon is a new technical IT security conference series that provides advanced, highly technical research, presentations, and training to accomplished information security professionals. Developed by EC-Council, it debuts in 2011 with two conferences in Dallas and Las Vegas. TakeDownCon focuses on technical research in cutting-edge exploits and vulnerabilities and also provides EC-Council certification training, including the renowned Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program (a recently accepted certification of DOD Directive 8570.01M Change 2). Website: http://www.takedown.com.
# # #