South San Francisco, CA and Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) April 11, 2011
(NAB Booth SU4306) Powering the industry-wide drive to deliver multi-screen delivery TV services, Envivio today announced a comprehensive lineup of demonstrations, new products, and partnerships on display at NAB 2011. New product highlights include the world premier of Envivio Halo™ Network Media Processors (NMP), the North America debut of the 4Caster™ C4 Gen III multi-screen encoder, and the application of the Envivio Genesis™ broadcast standards-based universal mezzanine output format. The combination of these three key Envivio technologies provides an architecture built from the ground and specifically tuned for multi-screen . This revolutionary approach gives to the operator:
- The best quality of viewing experience on any device offered to their subscribers.
- Large bandwidth savings on their core network.
- The ability to serve the latest devices as soon as they come to market in a protected fashion.
“Service providers are coming to NAB 2011 looking for partners and solutions that will help them to tap into the consumer enthusiasm created by all the new TV viewing technologies that have been introduced in the past 12 months,” said Envivio president and CEO Julien Signès. “Envivio’s new solutions provide operators with the flexibility and muscle they need to deliver TV everywhere the right way—with exceptional video quality, outstanding quality of experience, and scalability that enables rapid support for the desirable new devices and fast networks that subscribers want.”
Envivio, along with partners that include Adobe, Axcera, Edgeware, Ericsson, IneoQuest, Microsoft, Nagravision, Sezmi and Verimatrix, is demonstrating an extensive range of solutions for IPTV, Internet TV, Mobile TV, cable, satellite and terrestrial applications. Highlights include:
- A live multi-screen demonstration on the Envivio booth of the unique Sezmi Hybrid TV service using Envivio 4Caster C4 encoders.
- Comprehensive Mobile TV streaming with simultaneous support for Android, Apple iOS and Windows 7 phone devices.
- Adaptive bitrate streaming using Flash, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) and Silverlight protocols to provide viewers with an uninterrupted viewing experience despite changing network conditions.
- Fully-secured Over-the-Top (OTT) delivery with integrated encryption, DRM and exceptional quality of experience.
- Sophisticated video headends for HDTV that offer high channel density while ensuring the highest possible video quality for viewing on any HD-capable device.
- Full resolution, 1080p stereoscopic 3D content encoded using MVC (an extension of the MPEG-4 AVC standard) to deliver the full, original image resolution to each eye and make the most of the next generation 3D HD displays.
- Network-based, multi-screen On Demand service that enables subscribers to record TV on their DVR and then watch that video on mobile screens.
Envivio multi-screen solutions provide the means to deliver live and on-demand services for Mobile, PC and SD/HDTV screens, all from a single platform and headend simultaneously. For complete information about multi-screen delivery solutions from Envivio, visit http://www.envivio.com.
Envivio is a leader in solutions for multi-screen video-over-IP delivery. We design our solutions to remove the boundaries of traditional television and make the world’s video content universally enjoyable by all viewers, on any device, across any network, at any time. Now in its second decade of developing market-leading video convergence solutions, Envivio has amassed dozens of patents, pioneered video-over-IP methods, and led in the deployment of emerging standards and new technologies. Today Envivio solutions deliver millions of content streams to hundreds of different styles of mobile devices, set top boxes, and PC platforms, on behalf of content owners, telecom operators, cable and satellite companies and mobile service providers throughout the world. Deployment and support are backed by a global staff that is familiar with local technical, regulatory and market guidelines encountered around the world. Envivio is headquartered in South San Francisco, California and has offices worldwide including France, England, China, Singapore and Japan. Envivio is a registered trademark and 4Caster, Envivio Genesis and TV without Boundaries are trademarks of Envivio, Inc. All trademarks used herein, whether recognized or not, are the properties of their respective companies.