Friedrichshafen (PRWeb UK) April 14, 2011
RocketRoute is today launching a German-language version of the company’s comprehensive online flight support service for Europe’s general aviation pilots.
The company is also expanding its dealer network, with leading pilot shop Sky Fox GmbH now selling the RocketRoute service throughout Germany and across Europe.
Uwe Nitsche, co-founder of RocketRoute, says: “Germany is such a major general aviation market that developing a German version of RocketRoute was a natural evolution. And our new deal with Sky Fox demonstrates our commitment to the region and strengthens our presence here. With a 24/7 online service, just like us, Sky Fox is one of Europe’s top outlets for pilot supplies, selling everything from radios and charts to headsets and now, of course, RocketRoute.”
RocketRoute members receive 24/7 support across all aspects of flight planning, filing and management, covering both instrument flight rules (IFR) and visual flight rules (VFR). The many member benefits include:
- an ‘AutoRouter’ facility that allows the pilot to enter the aerodromes of departure and arrival into the system and automatically be presented with a fuel-efficient IFR route. All suggested routes are pre-validated with EUROCONTROL for easy filing and can save up to 20% on fuel compared to established alternative routes;
- automatic creation of a completed flight log, with all navigation points for the trip, when the fuel information for the aircraft is entered;
- provision of up-to-date approach plates (instrument approach procedures) for IFR flights;
- alerts on the latest notices to airmen (NoTAMs) and weather conditions (en route METAR/TAF);
- slot coordination, including SMS alerts;
- a 24/7 operations team, available on a telephone hotline for flight planning, worldwide bespoke trip preparation and emergencies, complementing the online service;
- recommendations for a fixed base operator at a particular aerodrome, and;
- hotel and taxi booking.
Nitsche continues: “The low costs involved in running an online service mean we can offer IFR subscriptions from just €120 a year, and VFR subscriptions from just €60 a year, practically 10% of equivalent services on the market. Furthermore, pilots can easily access RocketRoute through multiple channels – from planning the most fuel-efficient route on a desktop computer at home, through to receiving last-minute weather updates on a mobile phone, sitting in the cockpit on the ramp before takeoff.”
RocketRoute will be demonstrating the new German service in Hall A5, Stand 316 at Aero Friedrichshafen from April 13-16.
A free, 14-day RocketRoute trial on an unlimited basis is available.
NB: Any journalist wishing to take up the trial should contact 80:20 Communications.
Notes to Editors:
Founded in 2010, UK-based RocketRoute offers comprehensive online support to general aviation pilots flying instrument flight rules (IFR) or visual flight rules (VFR) across Europe. RocketRoute members receive 24/7 flight planning, filing and management support. The service is available through PC and Apple Mac computers, as well as internet mobile phones and tablets. Pilots can sign up for a free, 14-day trial to use the service on an unlimited basis. For more information, visit: http://www.rocketroute.com.
Berlin-based Sky Fox was founded in 1994 and has become one of the leading outlets for pilot supplies in Germany and Europe. The company’s catalogue is published annually in March and sent to over 30,000 customers. Products can be ordered 24/7 through online shop: http://www.sky-fox.com and other online platforms. Sky Fox represents some of the leading aviation manufacturers in Germany and Europe and has built a strong network of retailers across Europe.