New York, NY (PRWEB) April 13, 2011
For the second consecutive year, Pearson tops the list of companies with products named as finalists in the prestigious Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Awards. A list of 15 innovative ed-tech and information management products - developed based on the company's commitment to leveraging the power of technology and innovation to prepare today's students for success in college and careers - earned finalist honors in the 2011 competition.
Established in 1986, the CODiE Awards celebrate outstanding achievement across the software, digital information and education technology industries. Nominated products undergo an intensive review by subject matter experts, analysts, journalists and other respected authorities in education technology. Pearson's 15 finalists emerged from more than 800 nominations submitted by ed-tech and business software companies.
Pearson products earning finalist honors span the spectrum of today's breakthrough education and business technology products, such as learning Apps, educational games, technology-driven professional development and robust systems for managing information and data. Pearson's programs are focused on college and career-readiness and preparing students to meet the Common Core State Standards. They include:
- Calculus: Early Transcendentals (e-Book) - Best Mathematics Instructional Solution
- enVisionMATH: Understanding Fractions - Best Mobile Education Solution
- EQUELLA - Best Content Management Solution
- Grammar Jammers Primary Edition - Best Mobile Education Solution
- Hospitality and Tourism Interactive - Best Education Game or Simulation
- MyLiteratureLab - Best Postsecondary Instructional Solution
- MyMathLab Algebra I and II - Best Mathematics Instructional Solution
- MyMathTest - Best Mathematics Instructional Solution
- MyReadingLab - Best Reading/English Instructional Solution
- myWorld Geography - Best Social Sciences Instructional Solution
- PowerSchool 6.2 - Best K-12 Enterprise Solution
- PowerTeacher 2.0 - Best Classroom Management System
- SuccessMaker - Best K-12 Instructional Solution
- SuccessMaker Collaborate - Best Educational Use of a Device-Specific Application
- Words Their Way Online Workshop - Best Professional Development Solution
Pearson's finalists will now be voted on by the entire SIIA membership to determine the winners in each category. The 2011 CODiE Awards will be announced at the 2011 Ed Tech Industry Summit in San Francisco on May 23.
Pearson (NYSE:PSO), has as its mission to work side by side with states, districts, teachers, students and parents to ensure that every child is prepared for college and careers. For more information, visit http://www.pearsoned.com/.
For more information, press only:
Lisa Wolfe, L. Wolfe Communications, 773-227-1049, lwolfe (at) lwolfe (dot) com