Phoenix, Ariz. (PRWEB) April 14, 2011
The tens of thousands of middle and high school students across the country who are improving their math and literacy skills every day with Pearson's NovaNET Courseware digital courses are already on their way to gaining an understanding of how to achieve the critical learning goals delineated in the Common Core State Standards.
While districts nationwide are now gearing up for implementation of the Common Core for their students, Pearson Digital Learning's president Bob Roliardi says that NovaNET students are already way ahead of the game. "We understand that educators are seeking resources that help them meet the new Common Core State Standards right here, right now, and we are right to be side-by-side with them today. Our digital NovaNET courses, which personalize learning based on every student's individual learning needs and abilities, closely address these new standards in math and English/language arts to ensure our students are on the road to successful college careers and jobs in a technology-driven economy."
NovaNET Courseware provides personalized learning paths that prepare high school students -- especially those students most at risk of falling behind -- with the necessary skills and competencies for college- and career-readiness.
The English Language Arts Common Core State Standards are specifically addressed in NovaNET Courseware with a concentration on:
- Promoting critical reading skills by providing opportunities to reference, interpret, integrate, and analyze content.
- Integrating strategies for writing evidenced-based arguments across numerous formats and scopes for a wide array of audiences.
- Addressing a range of presentation and discussion approaches for diverse contexts.
- Preparing students to apply exemplary language usage and conventions through comprehension and demonstration exercises.
NovaNET Courseware integrates the Mathematics Common Core State Standards through:
- Six strands of instruction including number and quantity, algebra, functions, modeling, geometry, and statistics and probability.
- Ample opportunities for students to apply mathematical models and over-arching math concepts across a multitude of topics.
- Varied content delivery and course sequence options that students require in order to fully learn the skills needed to transition to additional math courses.
NovaNET meets schools' needs for credit accrual, dropout prevention, summer school, credit recovery, virtual schools, and virtual learning opportunities. The program meets the criteria for many common education funding options including Title I, EETT, IDEA, 21st Century Learning, Title III, Head Start, and school improvement funds.
Serving more than three million students over the past 10 years, the NovaNET program provides comprehensive personalized online curriculum for middle school through adult learners to help meet the need for credit recovery, drop-out prevention and response to intervention needs. For more, go to: http://www.pearsonschool.com/novanet
Pearson and the Common Core State Standards
Pearson, the leading education technology company, is creating a complete new system of instruction built around the Common Core Standards. Teachers and students will access the latest and most effective digital learning technologies as they prepare to meet the internationally benchmarked college readiness goals articulated by the Common Core Standards. The new instructional system will engage both teachers and students within a learning model that enables teachers to assess students unobtrusively, diagnose their learning needs swiftly, prescribe personalized learning, and monitor student progress for continuous improvement in student achievement and teaching effectiveness. Pearson has as its mission to work side-by-side with states, districts, teachers, students and parents to ensure that every child is prepared for college and career. For more, visit. http://www.pearsoned.com/commoncore.
Kate(dot)miller(at)pearson(dot)com - 800-745-8489
# # #