San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 14, 2011
Summer is the best time of year to visit many of the cruise lines’ most popular destinations throughout Alaska, Europe, the Caribbean and Mexico. But ideal weather conditions and school vacations go hand-in-hand with larger crowds and sold-out cruise-sponsored shore excursions. Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking nearly 9,000 trip activities and experiences at the best prices, has unforgettable shore excursions in many of the world’s most popular port cities to help travelers avoid the crowds, save money and create a unique experience.
Summertime Alaskan cruise itineraries take great advantage of the warm temperatures which contribute to increased wildlife activity and excellent cruising conditions. Travelers don’t need to be left out in the cold by crowded or sold out excursions with Viator’s collection of Alaskan experiences like:
- The Tongass Wildlife Kayaking Adventure from Juneau is a small group adventure likely to paddle past a humpback whale, orca or seal that takes in views of the Mendenhall, Herbert and Eagle glaciers.
- The Skagway Spectacular: Klondike Gold Rush and the White Pass Trail excursion includes landmarks like Gold Rush Cemetery and Lower Reid Falls among the azure glaciers, thundering waterfalls and majestic mountain vistas.
- During the Mendenhall Glacier Trek and Climb travelers encounter various habitats from ice caves to rainforests and experience a rugged and exhilarating hike and glacier climb.
Europe is a perennial summer favorite no matter the method of arrival. Cruise passengers looking for an alternative to the on-board excursion offerings can visit Viator.com for a selection of options in various port cities:
- The Civitavecchia Shore Excursion: Rome in One Day Private Tour is perfect for travelers who need to see why they say Rome wasn’t built in a day, in one day, including the Vatican Museums and Colosseum with invaluable skip-the-line access to avoid spending hours in line.
- The Naples Shore Excursion Private Tour: Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Ravello Day Trip from Naples lets cruise passengers explore the famous Amalfi Coast and exquisite coastal landscapes with the luxury and convenience of a private chauffeur and guide.
- Visitors to the city that spans Asia and Europe, the Istanbul Shore Excursion: Istanbul in One Day Sightseeing Tour explores the Blue Mosque, historic Hagia Sophia and its Byzantine mosaics, the Ottoman architecture and museums of Topkapi Palace and shopping at the Grand Bazaar
The Caribbean and Mexico
Popular cruise destinations throughout the year, port cities in the Caribbean and Mexico experience summer crowd swells in late June through the summer but savvy cruise passengers who plan ahead can create a unique excursion itinerary sure to create unforgettable memories.
- Jump ship for the Nassau Shore Excursion: SUB Bahamas Adventure that enables underwater exploration of the pristine waters, coral reefs and tropical marine life without a snorkel or scuba tank.
- Head for the marina on Bovoni Road for an eco-adventure of a lifetime led by a nature guide through a protected wildlife sanctuary during the St Thomas Shore Excursion: Mangrove Lagoon Kayak and Snorkel Tour. Keep an eye out for nearby stingrays and spotted rays.
- Leave the big engines behind for beautiful sails during the St Lucia Shore Excursion: Catamaran Day Sail and visit a 19th century coco plantation and Sulphur Springs, the Caribbean’s only drive-in volcano.
- Spend the day among the beautiful Mexican surroundings during the Cozumel Shore Excursion: Jeep and Snorkel Adventure and enjoy an open-air ride around the island, a visit to an ancient Mayan ruin and a guided snorkeling adventure amongst a wide variety of tropical fish and turtles.
For more travel inspiration whether talking a cruise and looking for unique shore excursions or planning a summer family vacation close to home, visit the Viator Travel Blog (travelblog.viator.com) as well as Twitter (ViatorTravel) and Facebook (ViatorTours) for the latest Viator deals, promotions and news.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to nearly 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 750-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like more than 250,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at http://www.viator.com and through its global network of nearly 2,000 active affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, including seven European-language sites and a Japanese site, Viator welcomes over 3 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.