We have always understood the need for green products and green thinking, and as we approach Earth Day, I am pleased to announce that we have been making great strides to more fully embody this core philosophy.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ (PRWEB) April 22, 2011
Brabantia Solid Company, one of Europe’s oldest and most respected designers and manufacturers of high end, high quality and high style home steelware products, has implemented a company-wide effort to decrease emissions and waste at its European factories.
“As a family owned company with a long history and reputation for quality, Brabantia prides itself on our extraordinary level of quality and workmanship in creating products that are both long lasting and environmentally friendly,” says Nicole Gnudi, General Manager of Brabantia USA. “We have always understood the need for green products and green thinking, and as we approach Earth Day, I am pleased to announce that we have been making great strides internally to hone our corporate culture and business practices to more fully embody this core philosophy.”
“In fact, in several of our factories in Europe, we have now implemented several key changes to illustrate our commitment to protecting the environment, including:
- Brabantia has stopped all heavy metal plating production lines and has switched to stainless steel, aluminum and coated steel. As a result, we have been able to significantly reduce environmental risk and pollution, as well as minimize the use of chemicals, hazardous waste disposal and heavy metal emissions.
- All factories now collect all steel, cardboard, plastics and wood for reuse and recycling.
- At our factory in Belgium where most of our ironing boards are made, we have switched to solar power. In fact, we saved so much energy in one year that we were able to produce 75,000 pedal bins.
- Also at our factory in Belgium, our water purification system greatly reduces contaminants, preventing soil and groundwater pollution.
- Our powder coating is solvent free and our equipment captures and reuses any overspray paint.”
Continues Gnudi, “We realize that we still have a long way to go, but our company is dedicated to continuing to improve our eco-friendliness in every way possible, to continue designing and creating long lasting, ecologically minded products, and to continue decreasing our footprint upon the Earth. In the months to come, I look forward to making many more announcements about how we at Brabantia are progressing on our path towards becoming a completely green company.”
With headquarters in The Netherlands and offices around the world, as well as a branch just outside Manhattan, Brabantia is rapidly becoming a market leader in the United States.
At Brabantia, the domestic items of tomorrow are what we are producing today. Our products are designed to retain their style and performance for decades. It's more than a guarantee. It's what drives the company. Brabantia products are available at fine retailers such as Williams-Sonoma, Crate and Barrel and Gracious Home, as well as The Container Store and Macys.com. For more information, visit http://www.brabantia.com.
# # #