In a welcome respite from the marriage-industrial complex, minister and officiant Reid takes the immensely practical tack of helping you select the right words for your wedding, …[and] keeps it sweet as the cake and smooth as the silk. -Kirkus Reviews
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) April 27, 2011
In step-by-step, informative chapters, Dayna Reid describes the elements of a wedding ceremony from beginning to end, and the choices people can make with each element. “Sacred Ceremony” includes a wealth of wording and ceremony selections, to celebrate diverse styles, beliefs and traditions, from Christian to Zen, to the simple declarations of love that transcend tradition.
Reid, an ordained officiant with more than a decade of experience discovered the few ceremony books available were written either in a particular style or from a specific religious view, offering limited variety.
“The words spoken during the wedding ceremony declare promises and beliefs about marriage,” says Reid. “Every couple should have the option to design a ceremony which reflects their unique and personal perspective and intentions.”
Some key information within the book:
- A large collection of spiritual and non-spiritual wording examples
- Several sample wedding and renewal ceremonies
- A worksheet to help easily compose the ceremony
- Instructions for obtaining a marriage license
- Who can legally perform the ceremony and steps to becoming ordained
- Advice on selecting the right Officiant
- Information on filing the paperwork to make the wedding legal
“Sacred Ceremony: Create and Officiate Personalized Wedding Ceremonies” is available for sale online at Amazon.com and other channels.
About the Author
Dayna Reid is a writer, executive and minister. She has officiated hundreds of weddings for people of many different faiths in the last 12 years. Reid currently resides in Seattle, Washington.