"If you're planning to buy a home in the Denver area, you can hire a professional Buyer's Agent at no cost to ensure your best interests are represented."
Littleton, CO (PRWEB) April 28, 2011
Buyer's Agency was created in the 1990s in Colorado to "level the playing field," according to one of the Mountain states' top-producing Realtors, Julie Montgomery of RE/MAX Masters, Inc., Littleton, Colorado.
In the past, Realtors were all “agents of the seller,” but in 1995, Colorado created Buyer’s Agency, which afforded buyers the same rights and privileges as the seller with one important distinction: buyers never pay their agent a fee. Realtors are compensated by the seller in Colorado," she said.
According to the National Realtor Association (NAR), the top five benefits to hiring a professional Buyer’s Agent are as follows:
1) Full Representation- a Buyer’s Agent owes 100% of their loyalty and duty to the home buyer. The only obligation a listing broker owes an unrepresented buyer is to provide facts about the property.
2) Market Knowledge – a local Buyer's Agent provides information about all neighborhoods throughout the Denvert Metropolitan area. This is crucial to ensure the strength of the buyer's position during and after the home buying process.
3) Effective Negotiating Skills and Contract Knowledge – in Colorado, the Purchase and Sale Contract is heavily weighted to protect the buyer. A Buyer’s Agent will negotiate, educate and make sure the contract is written to protect a buyer's best interests.
4) Access to ALL Available Properties -- a Buyers Agent can show you ANY property that is available - regardless of the sign in the yard. They have access to every home that is for sale, the minute it becomes available, and have no loyalty to one listing agent or company over another.
5) A professional Buyer's Agent will not only negotiate to protect your interests but will also save you $1,000s by making sure your rights are protected during the home inspection and appraisal process.
Julie Montgomery is one of the first Realtors in Colorado to receive one of the newest advanced designations, Certified Negotiation Expert designation. She's been a licensed real estate broker since 1997, working with buyers and sellers throughout the Denver area.
For more information, contact Julie Montgomery, RE/MAX Masters, Inc., at 303-906-3150 or via email at juliemontgomery(at)remax(dot)net. Additional information is available online at http://www.jmontgomery.com.
# # #