Paris (PRWEB UK) 3 October 2011
StarCite will host its fourth annual European Leadership Symposium in Paris on 5 October, bringing together some of the industry’s most successful European practitioners, global thought-leaders and innovators in the strategic meetings management profession. The forum will focus on best practices for strategic meetings management programmes (SMMPs) through case study presentations, technology demonstrations, the latest insights on SMMP trends, and networking events. In addition to hearing from experts, attendees will take part in interactive breakout sessions aimed at spurring new thinking to bring suppliers, buyers and travel management companies together.
“We’re pleased that this event continues to grow each year and has become one of Europe’s leading symposiums focused on Strategic Meetings Management,” said David Norris, StarCite vice president of Sales and Operations for EMEA. “Through this leadership symposium, we’re bringing together all the elements in the industry to create some synergies – the corporate buyers, the suppliers, the third parties, and StarCite. This becomes an ecosystem where we all play a role, and if we collaborate, we can help each other streamline our activities and achieve greater success.”
The symposium will be moderated by Amon Cohen, a UK-based specialist business travel writer, and include the following panels:
- Strategic Meetings Management: From Theory to Practice – Insights from StarCite’s recently published guidebook on building powerful and effective meetings programmes presented by Kevin Iwamoto, Vice President, Enterprise Strategy, StarCite.
- Going Global – A high level case study of how a major technology company built its SMMP programme from the ground up, including the benefits, challenges and lessons learned.
- Marketplace Trends and Innovation – StarCite’s Connor Gray, Chief Technology Officer, will showcase the key tools and innovations that help companies gather and leverage meetings data to drive visibility, savings, and control for both planners and suppliers.
- The Supplier Perspective: The Value of Data – In an uncertain economy, data is essential for suppliers to swiftly respond to unpredictable market changes. Leading Europe-based hoteliers will share the supplier perspective on how to use data to address fluctuating markets.
- Risk Management and Meetings: Global Duty of Care – The recent spate of natural disasters and political uprisings has made risk preparation a hot topic. A leading Europe-headquartered global pharmaceutical company will explore Europe’s meetings risk factors and how to create Global Duty of Care policies.
- Maturing Your SMMP Program: Getting to Where You Want to Be – The strategic meetings management Maturity Model and its online Maturity Model Index tool are equally suited for organizations with well-established SMMPs and those just starting out. Linda McNairy, VP, Strategic Partner Management, StarCite, and a major global technology company will discuss how companies can maximise their use of the Maturity Model to drive savings and efficiencies.
“Companies in Europe are increasingly recognising the power of strategic meetings management programmes to drive savings and deliver greater control over meetings spend,” said Kevin Iwamoto of StarCite. “StarCite is proud to once again host a top-notch forum where the region’s meetings professionals can come together to learn from one another, share best practices, and spark the continued adoption and evolution of strategic meetings management throughout Europe.”
About StarCite, Inc.
StarCite, Inc. provides a technology platform that makes meetings and event planning, booking and management easier and more cost-effective for corporations, hotels, venues and meetings suppliers worldwide. StarCite delivers visibility, cost savings and control over meetings spending for businesses and enhanced revenue opportunities for suppliers. Through Web-based, on-demand technology, StarCite automates and supports every key element of the meetings planning and procurement process: planning, budgeting, buying, attendance, payment, and results measurement. Using StarCite’s proprietary online marketplace, meetings buyers can connect and conduct business with over 83,000 hotels, venues, destinations and suppliers globally. StarCite is based in Philadelphia, PA and worldwide. Its equity holders include ICG, TPG Growth, Norwest Venture Partners (NVP), and TL Ventures. For more information about StarCite please visit http://www.starcite.com.
StarCite Media Contact:
+1 (857) 598-4779