Resolve EMA fills a market void left by existing event management systems, which lack the automation and intelligence to group, process and immediately take action on IT issues that can hinder productivity and negatively impact innovation.
San Clemente, CA (PRWEB) October 03, 2011
generationE Technologies, a global IT process automation (ITPA) software and solution provider, today announced its new Resolve Event Management Automation (EMA) solution featuring easy-to-use, point-and-click event automation capabilities combined with innovative, social collaboration tools.
Designed for communications service providers (CSP) as well as financial services firms, utilities, content providers and other enterprises, the new EMA solution makes use of wikis to infuse new levels of intelligence and collaboration into event and incident management, resulting in improved mean time to resolution (MTTR) and increased IT efficiency.
Through the use of dynamic knowledge repositories, interactive tools and a built-in event catalog that automates hundreds of routine operational tasks, Resolve EMA empowers engineering teams to immediately diagnose, triage and remediate network operations center (NOC) and enterprise IT issues.
“Resolve EMA fills a market void left by existing event management systems, which lack the automation and intelligence to group, process and immediately take action on IT issues that can hinder productivity and negatively impact innovation,” said Casey Kindiger, CEO of generationE Technologies. “Using our leading edge Resolve platform as a foundation, and leveraging our extensive experience with network engineering groups, we’re reducing the amount of human interaction required for effective event and incident management, while setting new standards for MTTR and operational efficiency.”
The new solution is equipped with Resolve Run Book Automation (RBA) Packs, Triage RBA Packs and Remediation RBA Packs – offering a three-step approach to event management, with each pack consisting of a template library comprised of pre-defined action tasks and automations. In addition, Resolve Knowledge Packs offer template-based GUIs and wiki content to help IT and engineering teams gather and analyze event and incident data, as well as related vendor information, to build a knowledge base of completed automations.
The EMA offering also features a foundational Event Catalog with more than 5,000 unique event IDs supporting a wide range of platforms including Cisco, IBM Tivoli, Juniper, Foundry and Nortel.
Additional features and benefits of the solution include:
- Increased standardization in event processing combined with dramatic improvements in collaboration across operations and engineering staff through the use of Wikis and content rating
- Enhanced flexibility in processing decisions through point-and-click application of rules that were previously possible only with programming changes
- Easy application of diagnostic and remediation automation across event and incident management, resulting in reduced human interaction and improvements in MTTR
- Interactive Workflow Designer – equipped with GUI-driven database and forms builder, flexible workflows for dynamic business logic and WYSIWYG visual wiki editor for quick and easy run book creation
- Equipped with actionable runbooks with embedded action tasks for executing automations on-demand or as an orchestrated process
- Wiki rating and comment system for end-user feedback
- Offers network, application and server the capability to manage event handling and automation procedures for their respective domains
- Powerful integrated search, version control and tagging functionality
- Process analytics with executive dashboards and real-time process reporting
Resolve EMA is based upon the principles of collaborative operations management (COM), an emerging IT management discipline that generationE has pioneered in the ITPA market with Resolve. Resolve centralizes operational knowledge for easy sharing across the enterprise, automating up to 90 percent of IT tasks. The platform addresses inadequate collaboration processes by capturing and documenting unstructured workflows and making them available via wikis that link people, tasks, tools and other resources.
Resolve EMA is now available. For more information and an overview of technical features, visit: http://www.resolve-systems.com/files/Datasheets/EMA_Datasheet_Final.pdf. For more information on Resolve, visit http://www.socialitpa.com or visit our blog at http://socialitpa.blogspot.com.
About generationE Technologies
generationE Technologies is an IT process automation (ITPA) software company that places human ingenuity at the forefront of workplace activity. The company’s award-winning Resolve software breaks down traditional organizational and process constraints through an innovative approach to automation. Powered by actionable and dynamic knowledge management capabilities, Resolve allows organizations to realize cost savings of as much as 200 percent within months of deployment. For more information, please visit http://www.socialitpa.com.