Deerfield, IL (PRWEB) October 04, 2011
According to the Wall Street Journal, even after the Great Recession, the economy still needs to add 100,000 jobs a month to keep pace with growth in the labor market. Having evaluated over 20,000 job candidates in his career, business psychologist Stephen A. Laser, Ph.D. now brings to the job search process a unique perspective – from the other side of the desk. His book, Out-of-Work and Over-40, offers practical advice for surviving unemployment and finding a job.
The purpose of the text is to offer sound, practical advice that will work if the readers take a disciplined and systematic approach to dealing with their state of unemployment. Packed into ten comprehensive chapters, it presents the following:
- Practical, proven job hunting strategies that actually work and will help people find a job
- A list of the specific attributes and qualities employers are looking for when hiring new talent
- A professional’s insights into how to navigate the challenges of on-line testing, behavioral interviewing, and answering tough questions about his or her strengths and weaknesses
- Helpful, easy-to-read advice for coping with the hardships of unemployment after age 40
- Combating the Three A’s: Age, Appearance, and Attitude
- A realistic look at the value of going back to school, going into business, and other typical reactions to unemployment
- Ways to make the best use of time while searching for work
- How to turn the tables on prospective employers to determine if an employment situation is right
Making this book a more readable and enjoyable experience, the author includes relevant stories and vignettes to illustrate or reinforce an important point, interjecting humor at various points. He hopes that with Out-of-Work and Over-40, mature workers can gain the advantage and use successful strategies that should prove effective in finding employment.
This book will be featured at this year’s New York Library Association Book Exhibit in Saratoga Springs, NY, on November 2 to 5, 2011. For more information, interested readers may log on to http://www.Xlibris.com.
For more information on this book, interested parties may log on to http://www.Xlibris.com.
About the Author
With over 30 years of experience as a business psychologist, Stephen A. Laser, Ph.D. founded and manages a consulting firm that advises client companies on hiring decisions. Laser has been a guest speaker on many occasions to groups of unemployed individuals, and he offers sound, practical advice on how to cope with unemployment while providing proven strategies for finding the right job.
Out-of-Work and Over-40 * by Stephen Laser, Ph.D.
Practical Advice for Surviving Unemployment and Finding a Job
Publication Date: July 29, 2011
Trade Paperback; $19.99; 167 pages; 978-1-4628-8094-2
Trade Hardback; $29.99; 167 pages; 978-1-4628-8095-9
eBook; $9.99; 978-1-4628-8096-6
Members of the media who wish to review this book may request a complimentary paperback copy by contacting the publisher at (888) 795-4274 x. 7879. To purchase copies of the book for resale, please fax Xlibris at (610) 915-0294 or call (888) 795-4274 x. 7879.