The event is sure to be a sell out, so it’s advisable to book early to avoid disappointment. Tickets are priced £27 per person which includes a £7 donation for the charity, the superb three course gourmet meal and the fantastic entertainment!
(PRWEB UK) 3 October 2011
Diverse Abilities Plus, the local charity, has organised the event to raise vital funds for the provision of its support services across Dorset and the evening is kindly sponsored by Basepoint Business Centres. Those attending are encouraged to arrive at 7.00pm for 7.30pm dinner. The first performance will start at 8.45pm.
Sharon Wells, Event Fundraiser for Diverse Abilities Plus said: “The event is sure to be a sell out, so it’s advisable to book early to avoid disappointment. Tickets are priced £27 per person which includes a £7 donation for the charity, the superb three course gourmet meal and the fantastic entertainment!”
WestBeach restaurant, beautifully situated just metres from the beach and Bournemouth Pier, is renowned for its fantastic food. It has been rated by The Sunday Times as 4/5 by restaurant critic AA Gill, is Michelin recommended and has been awarded the AA Rosette every year since 1993.
Tickets can be purchased from WestBeach Restaurant, Pier Approach, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH2 5AA, or email email@example.com; or tel: 01202 718266, or online at: http://www.diverseabilitiesplus.org.uk/events
For more information or to contact Diverse Abilities Plus please visit http://www.diverseabilitiesplus.org.uk or call 01202 718266.
Diverse Abilities Plus is a charity that has been supporting children and adults with Cerebral Palsy and associated disabilities working in the County of Dorset, England for 55 years. The charity provides a range of assistance, support and education services for young people aged two to 19, adults and families. Services include:
- Langside School – independent, non maintained specialist day school for children and young people from the age of two to 19 years who have PMLD (profound and multiple learning disabilities). It’s one of only 19 similar SEN (special education needs) schools in the UK.
- Smithers – provides overnight and day short breaks. Short breaks help families manage the challenges of providing full time care for their child. A visit can be during the day or a ‘sleep over’ allowing the child to make and meet friends and relax and enjoy themselves.
- Shapes – provides home support (domiciliary care) for children and young people aged between two and 18 with individually tailored programs.
- Project My Time – provides child-led holiday activities that give young people with disabilities the same leisure and fun opportunities that their peers enjoy.
- Barnabas – a well equipped day setting for adults. Adults can learn new skills and enjoy a wide range of experiences.
- Supported living – this service is for people who live in their own home but may need up to 24/7 support.
- Disability Wessex - offers assistance with disability benefits for people with disabilities or chronic and acute health conditions and their families or carers, as well as the parents of disabled children.
- Play Opportunities - supports families with disabled children to have a chance to get out and enjoy themselves with other families in similar situations.
- Awesome Days and Awesome Nights – A youth group, set up and run by young people of all abilities, aged between 13 - 19 years.
- Face 2 Face – a free and confidential network of trained volunteer befrienders, who support parents to make positive adjustments to the news that their child has a disability or additional need. Every Face2Face befriender is a parent whose own child has a disability. They know what it's like to cope with a new diagnosis and can offer support parent to parent.
The charity was founded in 1955 by Mrs Phyllis Edwards who formed a group of parents intent on providing better opportunities for their children with physical and learning disabilities.
For more information
Contact: Zoe Hiljemark, PR Account Director / Jenny Pearce, Senior PR Account Executive
E-mail: zoe(at)marketing-matters(dot)co(dot)uk / jenny(at)marketing-matters(dot)co(dot)uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 777111 / +44 (0) 7770 924439
Address: Marketing Matters, Unit C, Acorn Business Park, Ling Road, Poole, Dorset, UK, BH12 4NZ