San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 04, 2011
CoreMedia, a leading Web content management (WCM) company, today announced its customers, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Berlin and Continental, have each won a 2011 WebAward. The awards, organized by the Web Marketing Association, honor talented individual and team efforts for outstanding website development. Both customers’ award-winning websites were developed using CoreMedia’s industry-leading WCM platform, CoreMedia CMS, which enables businesses to create engaging, context-aware online experiences.
- Continental, a worldwide leading manufacturer of parts for the automotive and transport industries, won the WebAward for Automobile Standard of Excellence and Mobile Standard of Excellence. The website was lauded for its clean design and ability to load content rapidly.
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Berlin, a business federation representing companies and industries in Berlin, won the WebAward for Professional Services Standard of Excellence. The organization worked closely with German Web and database technology firm ComNetMedia to develop its site. Judges praised the website for its easy-to-read design, strong social media integration and prominent contact information displayed throughout the site.
- Founded by the Web Marketing Association in 1997, the WebAwards is the premier annual website award competition that names the best websites in 96 industries while setting the standard of excellence for all website development.
- The WebAwards is a highly competitive, prestigious award. This year the association received more than 2,000 entries from 45 countries.
- Websites are assessed by a professional judging panel, which provides specific feedback on how each site ranks against seven standards of excellence – design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copywriting and ease of use.
“We are honored to have our work with Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Berlin be recognized by the prestigious WebAwards,” stated Ralf Heimlich, deputy CEO, ComNetMedia. “By using CoreMedia CMS to develop and manage the websites for all 30 chambers of commerce and industry within Germany, we’ve created first class websites that offer highly engaging experiences for visitors with seamless social media integration throughout the site.”
“At Continental, we want to ensure that current and perspective customers visiting our website can access our world class products in an efficient and intuitive manner,” commented Monika Andrae, head of online relations, Continental. “By using CoreMedia’s robust technology, we have created a fast-loading, innovative online experience. We’re honored that the WebAwards has recognized us as having one of the most engaging websites in the automotive industry!”
“We are thrilled to congratulate Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Berlin, Continental and ComNetMedia, who have been recognized by the industry standard for website development,” said Glenn Conradt, vice president of global marketing and North America, CoreMedia. “These WebAwards are validation that CoreMedia’s WCM technology empowers organizations of all types to create highly dynamic Web experiences for their constituents.”
CoreMedia is a leading provider of Web Content Management (WCM) software to organizations demanding engaging, context-driven online experiences for their customers regardless of channel or touchpoint. The company’s WCM suite offers unique business value by seamlessly integrating digital and social media assets, increasing editorial productivity and accelerating time to market in complex environments. As a result, businesses can more effectively execute their online strategies to engage users, build customer loyalty and ultimately drive greater revenue and profitability.
Established in 1996, CoreMedia is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Singapore. CoreMedia’s clients include global brands, such as the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), Bertelsmann, BILD, CLAAS, Continental, EPCOS, Deutsche Telekom, Internet Broadcasting, O2, SEAT, and Singapore Press Holdings.
For further information on CoreMedia, please visit http://www.coremedia.com