"Our new board members and officers will guide IMCA in its mission to deliver premier investment and wealth management credentials and world-class education. ”
- Sean R. Walters, CAE, executive director and CEO of IMCA.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) October 04, 2011
Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) today introduced its 2012 board of directors, with four new members and four new officers. The 13-member volunteer board governs IMCA, which is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization founded in 1985. Board members serve a two-year term, renewable up to three terms. The board serves as IMCA’s fiduciary, policy-setting, and strategic governing body of the organization.
“Our new board members and officers will guide IMCA in its mission to deliver premier investment and wealth management credentials and world-class education,” said Sean R. Walters, CAE, executive director and CEO of IMCA. “We look forward to the board’s leadership and expertise as we continue to enhance the profession of investment advice.”
The four incoming board members are:
1. David Koulish, CPWA®, senior vice president and chief investment officer at Northern Trust in Vero Beach, Fla. He has held multiple positions at Northern Trust since 1993, and served on several IMCA committees. Koulish has more than 30 years of experience in the investment industry, including both portfolio management and investment advisory roles.
2. Stewart Koesten, CIMA®,M.S.F.S., CLU, ChFC, CFP®, AIF®, AEP, president of KHC Wealth Management in Overland Park, Kan. He oversees investment management, including creation of investment policy statements, auditing client accounts, monitoring performance and recommending investments. Koesten also serves as the chief compliance officer, and has more than 25 years of experience as a wealth management advisor. He has served on the board of directors of the International Association for Financial Planning/Financial Planning Association, and most recently as chair of IMCA’s membership committee.
3. John Moninger, CIMA®, CPWA®, AIF®, executive vice president for advisory and brokerage consulting services for LPL Financial in San Diego, Calif. He is responsible for the firm’s advisory and brokerage platforms, its wealth-management services for ultra-high-net-worth and high-net-worth clients, and a team of consultants that supports LPL financial advisors with product and platform expertise. He has served on several IMCA committees since he joined IMCA in 1996.
4. Kevin Sánchez, CIMA®, CFP®, MBA, senior institutional consultant with UBS Institutional Consulting in Walnut Creek, Calif. He works with boards of nonprofit organizations, foundations, and endowments on prudent investment policies, portfolio design and implementation, and fiduciary liability review. His experience includes comprehensive wealth management for affluent families, and he lectures frequently on this topic. Sánchez serves as chair of the IMCA Annual Conference committee.
The four new officers on the board are:
1. Chair, Elizabeth (Betsy) Piper/Bach, J.D., CIMA®, CFP®, CTFA, vice president and chief operating officer for NADA Retirement Administrators, Inc. in McLean, Va. Prior to joining NADA, she was president of Cardinal Wealth Management, which was comprised of an RIA, a broker-dealer, and a trust company subsidiary. She has been an active member of the Securities Industry Association, the National Capital Area Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, the American Bankers Association, and American Bar Association. She has served on numerous IMCA committees and as the organization’s secretary, vice president, and treasurer.
2. Vice Chair, John Nersesian, CIMA®, CPWA®, CFP®, CIS, managing director at Nuveen Investments in Wilmette, Ill. His group provides wealth management and practice development education and consulting support to advisors. His experience includes work as a financial advisor to corporate executives, affluent families, and nonprofit organizations. He started serving on IMCA’s board of directors in 2006 and he serves on the IMCA Wealth Management Committee and as chair of the Advanced Wealth Management Conference task force.
3. Treasurer, Margaret M. Towle, Ph.D., CPWA®, partner and managing director at HighTower Advisors in Minneapolis, Minn. She provides financial advisory services for a select number of endowments and wealthy families. She started serving on IMCA’s board of directors in 2009, is editor-in-chief of the Journal of Investment Consulting, and former chair of both IMCA’s Advisory Council and the Investments & Wealth Monitor editorial advisory board. She served as managing director with Greycourt & Co., and executive vice president and chief investment officer for Northern Trust Global Advisors prior to joining HighTower.
4. Secretary, Bruce Curwood, CIMA®, CFA®, Acc.Dir, FCIS, director of investment strategy at Russell Investments in Toronto. He joined the Russell Investment Group in 1995 as a strategic consultant, and has extensive experience as a fiduciary and plan sponsor/administrator. With over 25 years working in asset management, he has worked in various organizations within the corporate and educational sectors. His current responsibilities at Russell relate primarily to research, strategy and client service.
For a listing of all 2012 board members, click here.
In addition to providing the Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA®) certification for investment consultants, and an advanced credential for wealth management professionals working with high-net-worth clients, the Certified Private Wealth Advisor® or CPWA® designation , IMCA benefits its members and the financial services industry in a variety of ways. IMCA has five conferences hosting thousands of investment and wealth management professionals each year, including IMCA Annual Conference, which will be held in Washington D.C. April 23-25, 2012. IMCA’s CIMA certification earned accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in April. CIMA is the first financial services credential in the United States to meet international standards (ISO 17024) for personnel certification. Visit http://www.IMCA.org for more information about the benefits of IMCA membership, conferences and educational opportunities.
Based in Denver, IMCA was established in 1985 to deliver the premier investment consulting and wealth management credentials and world-class educational offerings—membership, conferences, research, and publications. The cornerstone of IMCA is the Certified Investment Management Analyst(SM) or CIMA® certification, the only advanced certification designed specifically for investment consultants. IMCA also delivers the advanced credential for wealth management professionals working with high-net-worth clients, the Certified Private Wealth Advisor® or CPWA® designation.
IMCA® and Investment Management Consultants Association® are registered trademarks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst(SM),CIMC®, CPWA®, and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® are certification marks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. does not discriminate in educational opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
# # #