It is a taste of real Thailand and shows the personalities of our staff and guests
(PRWEB) October 06, 2011
The newly launched website of Faasai Resort and Spa, an eco-resort on the East Coast of Thailand, offers travelers a rich experience of discovery before they arrive and allows regular visitors and guests to stay connected after they leave. The owner-manager of the resort Bronwen Evans says hotel websites are of critical importance to modern wired travelers, with more than 80 percent of travelers now relying on the internet for their travel research. The newly designed website http://www.faasai.com aims to provide visitors with a fast, multimedia, interactive experience including advice from other travelers.
“The new website is dynamic and rich in multi-media and includes guest video reviews, photos and adventures. Themes include our love of nature, wetlands nature sanctuary and edible forest garden as well as our commitment to responsible travel. It is a taste of real Thailand and shows the personalities of our staff and guests.”
Bronwen says the new website reflects current best practice for a hotel website and includes these features:
- Fully integrated with social media – reviews from TripAdvisor, interactive Google Map, Facebook comments, YouTube videos, plus a host of other social media sharing buttons.
- Optimised for search engines – simple navigation, dynamic and rich content, internal and external links, a Google site map and meta tags
- Call to action – the booking engine prominently displayed on the home page and room pages
- Mobile-friendly – displaying well on any kind of mobile device or browser with simple navigation
- Rich multi-media experience – videos, 360 virtual tour and high quality images
- Calendar of events – up-to-date information about upcoming events in the local area
- Blog and photo gallery – shared stories about the activities at the resort
- Reflects the brand values – harmony, grace and natural beauty
Bronwen’s tips for hoteliers planning to update their website is they should integrate their sites with specialist sites and social media, rather than trying to do everything themselves – for example the Faasai website outsources the map to Google, the videos to YouTube, the interactive comments to Facebook and the booking engine to FastBooking.
The website was designed by Core Development, a New Zealand design company.
About Faasai Resort and Spa
Faasai Resort and Spa is a 14 room eco-resort at Kung Wiman, Chanthaburi, Thailand about 200 kilometres southeast of Bangkok. The resort is nestled into a forest covered hill amidst three acres of tropical gardens, overlooking the mangrove-fringed Kung Kraben Bay and is a ten minute walk from Kung Wiman beach.
Awards won by Faasai Resort and Spa
- Outstanding service to the environment and nature in the Eastern region – Thailand Boutique Awards 2010
- Best Small Hotel in Thailand – TAT Green Awards 2009. “The Green Awards are a symbol of TAT’s thanks to outstanding quality and reliable tourism products offered by hoteliers and tour operators” - Joanna Cooke, Marketing Manager for TAT UK.
- Responsible Tourism award – Faasai Resort & Spa was runner-up in the budget category in the 2008 Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards. The judges awarded the resort a score of 96% for its sustainable practices.
About Core Development
Core Development is a Dunedin based group offering website design, e- commerce development, web hosting services. To see their portfolio visit http://www.coredev.co.nz