BlazePoint IP speakers deliver fast and reliable two-way communication with students, faculty and staff.
Ottawa, Ontario (PRWEB) October 06, 2011
Benbria, a leader in customer engagement and notification solutions, today announced BlazePoint® two-way IP-based paging speakers for higher education campuses, schools, districts, hospitals, retail and public organizations. As a cost-effective paging solution, BlazePoint delivers advanced functionality, precision and quality, enabling organizations to improve the speed, reach and efficiency of daily and crisis-oriented communication.
“BlazePoint IP speakers deliver fast and reliable two-way communication with students, faculty and staff,” explains Dr. Walt Magnussen, Director of Telecommunications, Texas A&M University. “This is an integral part of our layered communications plan particularly during a crisis when email and cellular voice networks may be congested due to high volumes.”
“BlazePoint delivers added value to our existing mass notification system,” said Terry Young, Manager of Tech Services Center, Lakehead University. “This has allowed us to extend our reach into specific areas such as classrooms, libraries and lecture halls where mobile phones may not have coverage.”
BlazePoint serves as a reliable communication channel when conventional methods of email, texting, mobile phones and landline phones fail due to throughput, technical or ‘contactability’ issues. Emails may often be blocked by spam filters; wired and wireless networks may be jammed with high volumes during a crisis; web pages and other relevant web sites may also become un-viewable during high traffic volume. Given these drawbacks, BlazePoint IP Speakers allows organizations to enhance their daily, crisis and mass notification by instantaneously broadcasting important information. In addition, BlazePoint enables two-way communication through the speaker, making it reliable and easy for people to communicate one on one or to a targeted group. Other benefits include:
- Ensure Communications – automated and remote speaker testing ensures speakers are operational at all times.
- Targeted Paging – select specific speakers in a web-based map view to broadcast customized messages to targeted paging areas (building, floor, classroom, etc.).
- Lower Costs – Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capability avoids costly electrician and wiring costs.
- Talk-back capable – staff can “call” speaker and enable two-way conversations remotely.
- Remote Management – remotely manage volume levels, configurations and audio tests.
- Pay as you Grow – add more speakers any time. Paging system grows with you.
“BlazePoint allows organizations to easily and cost-effectively augment their analog systems with Power-over-Ethernet plug-and-play,” said Mason Du, Vice President of Products. “The simple CAT-5 cable connection avoids costly electrician and wiring costs while helping organizations to effortlessly extend their coverage to new construction and isolated retrofitted areas such as stairwells, washrooms and conference rooms.”
Using Power-over-Ethernet capability, BlazePoint only requires a CAT-5 cable connection which makes it effortless to install, configure and maintain. This reduces the need for separate infrastructure for paging, phones and bells, by unifying them into one integrated IP network, making it ideal for new construction or upgrading existing facilities. Applications include:
- Large campus environments such as higher education, school districts, healthcare, government
- Hospitality environments, including in-room systems for hotels, venues and cruise ships
- In-store systems for retail stores, restaurants and other businesses
- Paging systems for office buildings and corporate facilities
- Security applications, including SIP-based notification, crisis response
- Augmenting analog systems with greater coverage in retrofit areas such as stairwells, washrooms, conference and meeting rooms
Organizations can leverage their existing mass notification system to page to BlazePoint or use the powerful paging and broadcast capabilities within the BlazeCast® notification and paging system. Use cases include:
- Education – crisis announcements, general notifications, public announcements, classroom paging, pre-record messages in multiple languages, daily bells, locate student or groups
- Enterprise – Locate employees, call completion, crisis announcements, public announcements, event announcement, milestone message
- Food Services – Price checks, assistance required, clean-up, security alert, pre-recorded announcements (“Store is closing”, “Special of the day”), code (chime) calling, alarm signaling
- Industry – Employee locate, call completion, crisis announcements, shift change tones
Benbria is a global leader in customer engagement and notification solutions. The company’s mission is to help companies improve the customer experience by building better connections with customers, employees and key stakeholders using their preferred method of communication. By utilizing event-triggered, two-way notifications through a variety of channels such as Twitter, Facebook, other social media, smartphone apps, email, web, texting, computer and signage alerts, Benbria enables companies to foster greater customer loyalty via a closed-loop strategy that empowers companies to listen, respond, act, resolve and follow up on customer feedback in real-time. For more information visit: http://www.benbria.com.
# # #