Hatfield, PA (PRWEB) October 07, 2011
Imaging Sciences International, Henry Schein Dental, and Gendex Dental Systems are pleased to announce that they have partnered to sponsor the 3D Imaging Institute’s
5th International Congress on 3D Dental Imaging—a forum for leaders in dental education to share their experience and expertise with this dynamic technology. Entitled “3D in Practice,” this year’s Congress will be held on November 4-5, 2011, in Dallas, Texas with a Customer Users’ Meeting on November 3. Attendees are able to network with clinicians from all over the world to learn more about 3D imaging to optimize patient treatment and to practice skills by learning from leading technology experts about the latest techniques, related software, and products.
To meet the increasing demand for education on this technology, the Congress’ 2-day curriculum is expanded to include more than 18 separate topics and segments ranging from basic information to detailed clinical use. Comprised of live scans, hands-on training of 3D planning software programs, patient education, marketing, and more, the program will afford 16 CE credits. Post-lecture discussions allow for open interaction between participants and speakers. New this year is several break-out sessions specifically targeted issues that affect orthodontic and implant-focused practices. A few of the courses of this diverse program include:
- Dr. Sean Carlson—Debunking the Myths of Cone Beam Imaging: Applying the Science in the Everyday Orthodontic Practice
- Dr. Juan-Carlos Quintero—Ortho in 3D! -The Fully Committed Practice
- Dr. Scott Ganz—A Digital Reality: 3D Concepts for Implant Planning, Abutment Design, and CAD/CAM Integration
- Dr. Steven Olmos—CBCT in the Treatment of Craniofacial Pain & Sleep Apnea
- Dr. Donald Machen—Managing Risk in your Practice: A Legal Perspective on Cone Beam from an Ortho, Lawyer, & Judge
- Dr. Steven Guttenberg CBCT—An Indispensable Technology for the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Dr. Steven Sudbrink and Kimberly Innocent—Successful Reimbursement & Billing Strategies for Cone Beam Scans
- Live cone beam scans and 3D treatment planning sessions
Coinciding with the Congress again this year is the highly-requested User’s meeting where those who have implemented cone beam can connect with other owners to learn about the latest software developments and techniques of their i-CAT®-powered machines and explore the latest advancements in i-CAT technology. Topics include choosing the best scan size and resolution to meet the patient’s needs; live, hands-on patient positioning; Invivo5 tools utilization for orthodontics and implants; and IT, networking, and data management.
Along with these seminars, a variety of vendors display supporting 3D-related products from imaging hardware, including i-CAT®, the new i-CAT® Precise™, new Gendex GXDP-700™, and software for implant and restorative systems.
For more information on the topics and speakers, and for general information on the Congress, please visit http://www.i-cat3d.com/congress2011/.