Los Altos, CA (PRWEB) October 06, 2011
ThreatMetrix™, the fastest growing provider of cloud-based fraud prevention solutions that do not require personally identifiable information (PII), announced today new agenda details for its inaugural Fraud Fighters Summit. Focused on “Defeating Online Fraud and Promoting E-Commerce Together,” the conference will be held at the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa in Monterey, Calif. from October 9-10.
Over 175 registrants will have the chance to attend sessions focused on defeating online fraud, learn how to optimize their investment in the ThreatMetrix™ Cloud-Based Fraud Prevention Platform, and collaborate with other like-minded fraud fighting professionals. This includes ThreatMetrix customers, prospects, as well as industry thought leaders and analysts.
“We’re excited to host a community of like-minded fraud fighting professionals and thought leaders all addressing a common challenge – the global threat of online fraud,” said Bert Rankin, vice president of marketing. “We want to educate this group of professionals on ways to get smarter about fighting fraud with ThreatMetrix. Participants will leave better informed, motivated and prepared to wage the daily battle against online fraud.”
President Obama has similar sentiments around the importance of fraud and online security education, as he recently proclaimed October 2011 as National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
Presentations from well-known brands will be a highlight of the packed, two-day summit agenda. Featured presenters include:
- Reed Taussig, ThreatMetrix CEO and president, who will formally open the summit and provide an industry overview.
- David Burns, manager of operational risk, Optimal Payments, who will speak on: “Incorporating ThreatMetrix into Real-Time Rule Decisions.”
- Julie Conroy McNelley, senior analyst with the Aite Group’s Retail Banking practice, who covers fraud, data security, anti-money laundering, and compliance issues, will present on “Online and Mobile: Navigating the Risk Environment.”
- Rhonda MacLean, founder of MacLean Risk Partners LLC, a consulting firm that provides strategic advisory services, will lead a financial service fraud prevention roundtable.
- Steven Boutelle, Lieutenant General, U.S. Army (Retired) and former chief information officer of the U.S. Army responsible for the U.S. Army’s use of information technology, will present on “Cybersecurity: A Government Perspective.”
- Alisdair Faulkner, ThreatMetrix chief products officer, will present a product development roadmap.
Other topics will cover everything from “Building an Effective Fraud Prevention System,” to “Addressing Organized Stealth with ThreatMetrix SmartID,” to “The Identity Challenge,” as well as best practices surrounding the use of ThreatMetrix professional services.
ThreatMetrix helps companies stop web fraud and accelerate e-commerce in real-time so they can significantly reduce online fraud, acquire more customers faster, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction. The ThreatMetrix™ Cloud-Based Fraud Prevention Platform, incorporating ThreatMetrix™ SmartID cookieless device identification, provides online businesses with the ability to protect themselves and their customers by verifying new accounts, authorizing payments and transactions and authenticating user logins in real-time. Online businesses can deploy the ThreatMetrix Cloud-based Fraud Prevention Platform, which does not rely on personally identifiable information (PII), for traditional online activity via a personal computer as well as for mobile and tablet devices. The company serves a rapidly growing customer base around the world across a variety of industries including social networks (dating, gaming), financial services, e-commerce, affiliate marketing and payments. For more information, visit http://www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-650-625-1451.
© 2011 ThreatMetrix. All rights reserved. ThreatMetrix, the ThreatMetrix Cloud-Based Fraud Prevention Platform, ThreatMetrix SmartID, ThreatMetrix ExactID, and the ThreatMetrix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ThreatMetrix in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.