New York, NY (PRWEB) October 07, 2011
Coming off Leftfield Pictures’ success with unscripted hit series including History’s "Pawn Stars," and the ongoing expansion of current series on air, in production and in development, Executive Producer and Leftfield Pictures’ owner Brent Montgomery today announced three new key hires and the promotion of two key current executives:
- Brooke Meredith joins Leftfield Pictures as Sr. Director of Development, responsible for developing new formats and character-based series. Prior to Leftfield, Meredith was Sr. Director of Development at KPI, where she developed series and specials including "Apocalypse How?" for Discovery and "Fleaman" for National Geographic Channel. She reports directly to Leftfield’s Vice President of Development, Rob Shaftel.
- Julie Louis joins the development department at Leftfield Pictures as Development Producer, responsible for producing many of the company’s pitch reels and pilots. Before joining Leftfield, Louis was a producer on numerous unscripted series, including hit shows "Wife Swap" for ABC and "What Not To Wear" for TLC.
- Shawn Witt will serve as Executive Producer for Leftfield Pictures; he was formerly Executive Producer at MTV on series such as "Total Request Live," "Pranked," and "Parental Control." Witt will oversee two unannounced series for Leftfield, one for ABC and one for Travel Channel. He reports directly to Leftfield's Vice President of Programming, David George.
- Courtney Montgomery is upped to Leftfield Pictures’ first Head of Production, overseeing staffing and other departments within the company. Montgomery was a producer on ABC’s "Wife Swap" before working in production, casting and production management at Leftfield. She created Leftfield’s "Bridal Bootcamp" for VH1 and currently executive-produces "Monster In-Laws" for A&E (premiering October 26). Montgomery worked previously for networks CBS and MTV before transitioning into production.
- Tonko Soljan is upped to Executive In Charge of Production, and will also serve as network liaison on every project Leftfield Pictures produces. Soljan joined the company in 2010 as a line producer. Prior to Leftfield, Soljan managed the production of many unscripted hit series, including "Storm Chasers" for Discovery and "Teen Mom" for MTV. He also served as Head of Production for documentary outfit Entropy Films, producing and distributing, among others, the acclaimed "Beyond Our Differences" to PBS.
Leftfield Pictures is best known for producing the record-breaking hit series "Pawn Stars" for History, as well as "American Restoration" for History, "Oddities" and "JUNKies" for Science, "Carfellas" for Discovery, and "Truck Stop: Missouri" for Travel Channel. Beginning this month, the company is expanding its brand with the premieres of two female-oriented series: "Fashion Hunters" for Bravo (October 4) and "Monster In-Laws" for A&E (October 26).
# # #