Chippenham, Wiltshire (PRWEB) October 07, 2011
Today, Train Chartering provided a private first class carriage to The Tour Company, a leading entertainment and media industry travel agency, for Christina Aguilera to travel from London’s Paddington Station to Cardiff. The American singer will be performing at Michael Forever, the Michael Jackson tribute concert, on 8th October 2011.
The private first class carriage ensured the four-time Grammy award winning star complete privacy on the two hour journey.
The singer had the private use of the Queen Victoria Lounge at Paddington, which was dressed with candles. A special selection of refreshments was provided in the Lounge and on board the train.
Hosted by Fearne Cotton and Jamie Foxx, Michael Forever - the Tribute Concert takes place on Saturday 8th October 2011 in Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium. The line-up also includes JLS, Cee Lo Green and X Factor winner Leona Lewis, Pixie Lott, Gladys Knight and soul legend Smokey Robinson as well as a video link to Beyoncé.
Director of Train Chartering, Simon Pielow, says: “We specialise in assuring onboard privacy for our celebrity guests on train journeys, whether they are travelling in the UK, in Europe, a private rail car in the USA or indeed many other parts of the world.”
He adds: “Train Chartering has operated private trains and carriages on many occasions for sporting events in Cardiff’s magnificent Millennium Stadium, but this is our first VIP journey to a concert there.”
This is not the first VIP journey that Train Chartering has arranged. For one such journey, two A-list celebrities were offered exclusive use of a private 6-carriage Orient Express between Geneva and Hamburg. The hand-picked train carriages included a Pullman car frequently used by Grace Kelly on trips to Monaco, an Austrian presidential sleeping car and a piano bar car, with a Chef de Service and vintage Krug champagne on ice.
Christina Aguilera’s journey illustrates an emerging trend for celebrities choosing private train charters in preference to private jets or VIP coaches.
Simon Pielow says: “Our guests enjoy comfort, privacy, leg room and almost any luxury, which is available on request. Unlike coaches, private cars and jets, one can enjoy the passing scenery in total relaxation without compromising security or privacy. It’s a perfect solution for a VIP who wants to travel with more freedom.”
About Train Chartering
Train Chartering hires out trains for any purpose, from film locations, to corporate hospitality, incentive travel, VIP travel and train journeys in the UK, Europe, USA and worldwide. Operating for over 13 years, we work with very small groups (such as luxury train travel) as well as transporting over 1000 in a day to very large events such as conferences.
Simon Pielow is available to answer questions about Train Chartering on +44 (0)1249 890176 .
Notes to Editors
1. The Tour Company http://www.thetourcompany.co.uk/ is a leading entertainment and media industry travel agency, specialising in bookings for live touring productions along with supporting technical crew. The Tour Company works with artist, tour, and production managers, as well as with concert industry suppliers, agents, promoters, merchandisers, record labels, publishing companies, conferences, venues, festivals, and corporate clients.
2. Private Rail Cars http://www.privaterailcars.net for tailored travel in private carriages and rail cars
3. Luxury Train Club http://www.luxurytrainclub.com, the concierge service for luxury train travel
4. Train Hire http://www.trainhire.co.uk the budget group travel solution
5. Michael Forever – The Tribute Concert http://home.michaelforevertribute.com/home.html