We created the 11R to enable endurance athletes to continue to push the limits of elliptical biking.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) October 10, 2011
ElliptiGO, the creator of the world’s first elliptical bike, today announced the release date for the ElliptiGO® 11R, a high-performance, eleven-speed elliptical bike designed specifically for racing and ultra-endurance events. With carbon-fiber drive-arms and a Shimano eleven-speed hub, the 11R will be the lightest and most capable elliptical bike in the world when it arrives in November 2011. As their top-of-the-line model, the ElliptiGO® 11R will maintain the same high-intensity, low-impact riding experience that has made ElliptiGO’s other models, the 8C and 3C, so popular.
“ElliptiGO riders have completed some of the toughest cycling events in the country, such as the Death Ride, the Hell’s Gate Hundred, and the ascents of Mt. Washington and Mt. Evans,” said Bryan Pate, co-founder and co-president, ElliptiGO. “We created the 11R to enable endurance athletes to continue to push the limits of elliptical biking.”
Compared to the eight-speed ElliptiGO® 8C, the eleven-speed ElliptiGO® 11R gives riders an additional low gear to take on the steepest of hills and two more high gears to facilitate applying power during high-speed descents. At 39.4 pounds, the 11R is the lightest ElliptiGO® model available, coming in more than four pounds under the 8C. The lighter weight will make a significant difference for riders on steep mountain climbs and long, multi-day rides.
The ElliptiGO® 11R retails for $3,499. Key features include:
- Carbon-Fiber, Light-Weight Components — The drive arms are made from multi-modulus carbon fiber, while the frame of the 11R is made from 6000 and 7000 series aluminum alloys. All the materials in the 11R were selected for their light weight, performance and durability
- More Gears for Performance on Steep Ascents and Descents — The 11R is built around a Shimano Alfine eleven-speed internally-geared hub that offers ElliptiGO® riders the most flexible gear range of any ElliptiGO® models. The 11R enables comfortable pedaling at speeds up to 30 mph and facilitates extreme climbing of pitches exceeding a 30 percent grade. This range of capabilities makes it a great workout and racing tool in just about any environment
- Ergon Grips for Climbing — The 11R features Ergon GC3 multi-position ergonomic grips with integral bar ends. Riders can use these bar ends to move their hands and upper body more easily into a climbing position
- Color — The 11R will be available in a sleek, matte black with white racing stripes
Key user-experience elements include:
- High Performance, Low Impact — The elliptical motion of the ElliptiGO® 11R closely mimics the running experience, allowing athletes to run, sprint and climb hills with almost none of the impact associated with running
- Comfortable Riding — Users can customize the 11R frame and stride for the most comfortable cycling experience. The telescoping steering column is adjustable to accommodate riders of heights from 5’0” to 6’8”. The elliptical stride length can also be modified to accommodate different stride preferences and pedaling profiles
- Handling and Maneuverability — The 11R is designed to handle and maneuver similar to a conventional road bike. Riders can steer, turn, brake and ride smoothly on both flat terrain and steep hills
- Intuitive Movement — The 11R is powered by an elliptical or running-like movement that most active adults are already very comfortable with, allowing new users to become comfortable riding within a short period of time
“We designed the 11R for athletes who are really challenging themselves with steep terrain and multi-day endurance events,” said Brent Teal, co-founder, co-president, and chief product designer, ElliptiGO. “The special features we incorporated into the 11R enable smoother climbing and give our hardcore athletes and ElliptiGO® enthusiasts the ultimate performance bike for their adventures.”
The 11R is available for pre-order at http://www.ElliptiGO.com and at specialty bike or fitness stores in ElliptiGO’s national dealer network, which can be found at http://www.elliptigo.com/dealer-locator. It will be shipping to customers around December 1, 2011.
ElliptiGO, Inc. is a San Diego-based company that created the world’s first elliptical bicycle. By modifying the elliptical trainer motion and combining it with the functionality of a bicycle, the ElliptiGO® line of bikes delivers a high-performance workout experience that closely mimics running outdoors while eliminating the impact. It provides the most comfortable, fun and efficient way to get out and stay active. The full line of ElliptiGO® bikes is available for purchase at select retailers nationwide and through the company’s website: http://www.elliptigo.com.