(PRWEB) October 09, 2011
According to a new survey from Luxury-Hotels.com, a resort in the Seychelles is the most expensive luxury hotel in the world.
Luxury-Hotels.com captured the average nightly rates for the period from June through August 2011. From those figures, the Top 10 Most Expensive Luxury Hotels were established. Unlike most other surveys of this kind, the rates calculated were for standard double rooms rather than the hotel’s most expensive suite, giving a more accurate depiction of which hotel is the most expensive.
According to the results, the Maia Luxury Resort & Spa came in first with an average rate of $2455 per night. The second most expensive hotel was the Hotel Pitrizza in Porto Cervo, Italy at $2335 per night. Marrakech’s Royal Mansour was third with an average nightly rate of $2327.
What makes the Maia Luxury Resort and Spa worth $2455 per night? Guests stay in private villas, each of which features an infinity pool, 24-hour butler service and even a personal painting kit. In-room perks like mani/pedis and aqua gym classes and water sports like snorkeling and kayaking are all included in the substantial nightly rate as well.
Below are the rankings for the 10 most expensive luxury hotels in the world:
1. Maia Luxury Resort & Spa (Anse Louis, Seychelles) $2455
2. Hotel Pitrizza (Porto Cervo, Italy) $2335
3. Royal Mansour (Marrakech, Morocco) $2327
4. Hotel Cala di Volpe (Porto Cervo, Italy) $2286
5. Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa (Lithgow, Austalia) $2119
6. Hotel Romazzino (Porto Cervo, Italy) $2115
7. La Réserve (Ramatuelle, France) $2112
8. Jumeirah Dhevanafushi (Maldives) $2106
9. Saffire Freycinet (Cole’s Bay, Australia) $1576
10. Gora Kadan (Gora, Japan) $1459
For more information about this survey and its methodology, visit http://www.luxury-hotels.com/press/most-expensive-hotels.html
# # #