Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 09, 2011
Blackman Kallick, LLP, the Chicago-based audit, tax, and consulting firm, will host its Insurance Conference at the Standard Club in Chicago on Thursday, October 27, 2011. The purpose of the 2011 Insurance Conference is to facilitate the exchange of educational information and trends among insurance professionals.
The conference will include several panel sessions on:
- Auditor and Actuary Interaction – the interaction of the auditor and actuary in the audit process.
- NAIC Updates – annual statement changes that insurance professionals will be faced with for year-end as well as those that have already been adopted for 2012.
- Captive Insurance – issues related to the Dodd-Frank Act NRRA treatment of captives, State Taxation and Regulation of Captives.
- Reinsurance – systemic reinsurance risk considerations for primary insurer’s corporate governance.
- Opportunities in Fixed Income – the challenging landscape for smaller opportunities within investment grade fixed income, the current macroeconomic backdrop, and the prospects for the year ahead.
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act on Health Plans of Small and Large Employers – health insurance exchanges organized pursuant to the ACA that many small employers will utilize to provide health insurance for their employees.
- Recruiting and Retention in Today’s Marketplace – challenges to recruiting and employee retention, along with solutions to pressing human capital topics, while exploring the impact of new communication channels in spurring creative recruiting tactics.
The 2011 Insurance Conference is designed to address the challenging climate facing the insurance industry. Insurance professionals are invited to engage with industry leaders and discuss current and emerging trends.
The Conference is sponsored by AAM Insurance Investment Management, Attadale Partners, LLC, Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP and Pinnacle Actuarial Resources, Inc.
For details on how to register and view the agenda for the 2011 Insurance Conference, please visit Blackman Kallick’s website at http://www.BlackmanKallick.com or call Nancy Null 312.980.3217.
About Blackman Kallick
Blackman Kallick provides audit, tax, and consulting services for privately held and public companies as well as not-for-profit organizations. Founded in 1962, Blackman Kallick is the ninth-largest accounting and consulting firm in Chicago (Crain’s Chicago Business, October 18, 2010), employs more than 230 professionals, and is a leading member of HLB International, a worldwide network of independent professional accounting firms and business advisors in 450 offices spanning 100 countries. With specialized industry practices that include Manufacturing and Distribution, Construction, Family Office, Food, Hospitality, Insurance, Not-for-Profit, Private Equity and Venture Capital, Real Estate, and Healthcare Services, Blackman Kallick combines sophisticated, market-leading services with an accessible and personable approach.