Washington D.C. (PRWEB) October 10, 2011
Designers of military equipment—from naval vessels to soldier equipment—face the constant challenges of reducing weight, saving space, and achieving more efficient use of power. TE will be featuring products that are evolving to help achieve SWaP goals at AUSA 2011 on October 10-12, at Booth 7153 (Hall D) in Washington, D.C.
Among the products featured:
- Six-row Fortis Zd high-speed backplane connectors that support data rates of 12+ Gb/s and are now offered in lighter, lower-pin-count versions
- CeeLok FAS-T circular connectors, supporting 10-Gb/s Ethernet in a lightweight, compact Size 8 M38999 interface
- VITA 66 and 67 optical and RF modules for VPX systems providing high-density backplane connectivity for optical MT, expanded beam, and ARINC 801 optical interfaces and SMPM RF interfaces
- High-performance wire and cable using advanced thin-wall insulation and jackets to reduce size and diameter significantly
- Power distribution modules, custom designed to meet demanding application-specific form-and-fit SWaP requirements
“TE has a long tradition of helping the defense industry reduce size and weight,” says Gregory Powers, market development manager at TE. “In today’s world of network-centric warfare and advanced signal intelligence, savings in weight, space, and power become ever more critical in supporting mission readiness. Whether it’s new and lighter composites, space-saving thin-wall insulations, or improved processing to engineer and produce smaller connectors, relays, and other components, we are committed to meeting ever-evolving needs.”
For more information on TE’s SWaP products, contact the Product Information Center at (800) 522-6752. Follow us on Twitter for all the latest product news @TEConnectivity, and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/teconnectivity.
CeeLok FAS-T, Fortis, TE Connectivity and the TE connectivity (logo) are trademarks of the TE Connectivity Ltd. family of companies.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global, $12.1 billion company that designs and manufactures over 500,000 products that connect and protect the flow of power and data inside the products that touch every aspect of our lives. Our nearly 100,000 employees partner with customers in virtually every industry—from consumer electronics, energy and healthcare, to automotive, aerospace and communication networks—enabling smarter, faster, better technologies to connect products to possibilities. More information on TE Connectivity can be found at http://www.te.com/.
Tyco Electronics is now TE Connectivity.