Schwabisch Gmund, Germany (PRWEB) October 12, 2011
GRAU DATA AG announced today a special upgrade program for customers of the Oracle SAM-FS archive solution. This program provides an upgrade path for existing SAM-FS sites to move to the Windows or Linux based GRAU DATA Archive Manager or the open source ArchiveManager derivative OPENARCHIVE (http://www.openarchive.net). This upgrade program provides conversion tools to seamlessly migrate legacy data from the SAM-FS managed archive to the GRAU DATA platforms.
“GRAU DATA is extending a life line to existing SAM-FS customers that are looking for the next generation archive solution with an active roadmap for the future, all supported on Windows or Linux based servers and storage,” said Herbert Grau, CEO of GRAU DATA. “By providing the tools to migrate the existing legacy data to ArchiveManager, this transition is eased.”
About ARCHIVEMANAGER and OPENARCHIVE
Data and information form the capital of any company. Making these available when required is the task of the IT department. This makes efficient archiving absolutely essential. The ARCHIVEMANAGER and OPENARCHIVE use open systems hardware, both disk and automated LTO tape, to address these needs and integrates seamlessly into an existing Windows and/or Linux system environment. Key benefits of then software are:
- SCALABILITY – whether it is a medium-sized company or a large concern, the software dynamically scales from a few terabytes to multiple petabytes. The unique client-server architecture allows the solution to be scaled-up to the performance requirements of the attached applications and can offer native CIFS and NFS integration into the archive
- HARDWARE-INDEPENDENT – hardware components from all the major server and storage manufacturers can be attached. The software automatically migrates data from one hardware platform to another when technology changes arise
- COST-EFFECTIVE – the dynamically scalable architecture allows customers to grow their archive as needs arise. New server and storage technology can be deployed incrementally as available and no expensive data migration is required as new components are utilized. A flat rate pricing model for power users is available
- OPEN INTERFACE – integrates using standard filesystems to eliminate application compatibility issues and also supports network environments via CIFS and/or NFS. No proprietary APIs required.
- SOURCE CODE - GRAU DATA makes the source code available to customers. The GRAU archiving software makes the user independent of any hardware platform. With the source code availability the customer can be even independent of GRAU DATA as the software manufacturer
- APPLICATION INDEPENDENT – by providing a standard filesystem interface, application compatibilities are maintained today and in the future.
- STORAGE POOLS – fast disk-based systems or magnetic tape? Both options are freely available, and enable the combination of archive media to create a tailored tiered storage solution, regardless of the combinations of: disk/disk, disk/tape, tape/tape, local and remote.
- DATA SECURITY – with multiple copies, saved locally and/or remotely, you need not worry about your data. And the filesystem metadata is protected in redundant systems to facilitate rapid disaster recovery should it be required.
About GRAU DATA AG
GRAU DATA AG offers unsurpassed Windows and Linux based archive software solutions, which reduce risk, optimize performance and minimize compliance issues for users at 100’s of organizations worldwide. Based on its in-depth understanding of archiving, GRAU DATA AG developed its ARCHIVEMANAGER , OPENARCHIVE and FILELOCK software to help organizations comply with industry regulations while utilizing open systems hardware solutions. The company supports organizations in government, manufacturing, finance, education and healthcare industries. Established in 1999, GRAU DATA AG is a privately held company with headquarters in Schwabisch Gmund, Germany, and sales offices in various locations in North America and Europe. For press inquiries, please contact Herbert Grau at +49 (0)7171-187100 or Herbert.grau(at)graudata(dot)com. Additional information on GRAU DATA AG is available on http://www.graudata.com and http://www.openarchive.net
GRAU DATA AG
Herbert Grau, CEO
GRAU DATA US