Paris, France (PRWEB) October 11, 2011
People have always been natural collectors, Pearltrees for iPad enables this activity in the digital realm.
The iPad is the natural home for Pearltrees. The innovative visual interface is perfectly complemented by the amazing touch capability of the iPad. This makes the experience of cultivating one’s interests a real pleasure.
“Visual Discovery”-- a totally new and unique way to discover great content on any topic -- is a key feature of the new product and represents the first time users can explore the interest graph of a large community.
Additional features of Pearltrees new iPad app include:
- the ability for users to collect, keep at hand and easily retrieve all their favorite content from anywhere on the web
- a unique visual interface that allows users to manipulate their favorite links and topics with their fingers
- a new kind of social system based not on fans or followers but purely upon interests
- real-time collaborative curation features that let users spontaneously team-up with others on their favorite topics
- access to a depth and quality of curated content thanks to a community of over 200k active curators
The application is available for free download in Apple’s app store as of Tuesday the 11th of October at 7AM PST
Launched in December 2009, Pearltrees has gathered more than 200.000 collectors and more than 10 million pearls. The company has been growing at average rate of 15% month over month, with over half a million visits in September. Since being founded, the company has been recognized by OSEO in Europe as a “leap forward” and was selected as one of only five companies for the Launch Pad at Web2.0 Expo in 2010. Pearltrees has raised 3.8 million Euros from a group of international entrepreneurs and angel investors.