“With the recently announced Infrastructure Jobs package set to kick start a major refresh of our nation’s infrastructure, we need to fix and build new infrastructure the right way,” said Michael DeLacey, President at Microdesk.
Centerville, MA (PRWEB) October 12, 2011
Microdesk’s Tech User Sessions answer the AEC professional’s need to build and design not just faster, but smarter. The sessions will run throughout the entire event.
“With the recently announced Infrastructure Jobs package set to kick start a major refresh of our nation’s infrastructure, we need to fix and build new infrastructure the right way,” said Michael DeLacey, President at Microdesk. “That means finding new ways to improve the design process and increase collaboration. BIM technology can answer this immediate need, but it’s about using it in the most intelligent way possible. Our sessions at Ecobuild will focus on getting attendees BIM-ready, helping to make planning, designing, building and operations more efficient, more cost-effective and more sustainable for the long-term.”
Microdesk’s technical experts will be on hand to present the following industry sessions:
- “Performance-Based Design – The Energy Modeling Process”: Using real-world examples, this class will present the core concepts of performance-based design and analysis.
- “Carribean BIM – A Cultural Approach to Revit”: Learn more about how BIM, using Revit, is making a splash in the unique construction and cultural criteria of the Caribbean.
- “Bringing Manufacturing into the BIM Mix”: Tap into manufacturer’s BIM libraries using the resources from this class.
- “Let There Be Daylight – A Practical Approach to Ecotect and Radiance”: Using Radiance, the industry-standard for detailed daylight analysis, learn how to generate images to test a variety of daylight scenarios and their impact on a space.
- “Kinect’ing the Dots: Using Game Engines to Bring Life to Models”: Leverage game engines to create interactive designs without the big price tag.
- “Civilized BIM – Bringing Civil Engineering and Planning into the BIM Process”: With recent advances in design and drafting technologies, attendees will learn how to improve collaboration using the latest technologies, including the Civil 3D, Map 3D and Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suites.
Microdesk is a design technology consultancy with 12 offices nationwide that combines the leading software tools from Autodesk, Oracle, Google, Adobe and ESRI, with the latest methods, including Building Information Modeling and Virtual Design & Construction, to provide business and technology consulting services to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings.
About AEC Science & Technology®, LLC
Under the leadership of principals Richard C. Vendola, Jr., and George Borkovich, AEC Science & Technology®, LLC (Centerville, MA), manages and produces Ecobuild® America. Together they have a depth of experience in technology and event planning for the AEC industry, including creating and managing the former A/E/C SYSTEMS International conference and exhibition. The events cover the unique intersection where ecology meets technology. Proud member of: buildingSMART alliance™; Green Building Initiative; High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition; United States Green Building Council; and Zero Energy Commercial Building Consortium.