Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 14, 2011
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Medicare Advantage News, Health Plan Week and AIS’s Health Reform Week, is pleased to announce its October 20 webinar, New Star-Rating Requirements: Shifting Strategies for Medicare Advantage and Part D Plans and Providers. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1a39_102011.
While Medicare’s star ratings for quality are not new, their importance soared in 2010 and 2011 and is about to increase again. Recent steps taken by CMS indicate the agency considers “a good score” (i.e., at least three stars) to be a minimum requirement for continued participation in the Medicare Advantage and/or Part D programs. Moreover, with new changes in the weights of the measures used in determining star ratings, and some measures just added and retired, even plans that had successful star-ratings initiatives must now revamp their programs. Providers, as well, could soon find their former stars training to be incomplete or even obsolete.
During the webinar, Nathan Goldstein and Jane Scott from Gorman Health Group, LLC, will provide details on steps organizations should take to manage star-rating programs effectively. Attendees will get reliable answers to questions like:
- What have been the impact and implications of CMS’s star-ratings system so far?
- Which of CMS’s star-rating domains are MA and Part D plans finding the hardest to affect? Which present the greatest opportunities for future impact?
- How will the star-rating program change in 2012 and subsequent years? What will CMS wind up doing about the potential changes it delayed action on pending further study?
- What are the implications of CMS’s new changes in the star ratings for medical management, health services and Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) management?
- What should MA and Part D plans do to create the right organizational management structure to foster effective change under star ratings?
- How does the star-rating system figure into the big picture of the health care system’s move toward value-based purchasing?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1a39_102011 for more details and registration information.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
# # #