Greenwood Village Colorado (PRWEB) October 18, 2011
Aegis Identity Software (http://www.aegisidentity.com), founded with one mission: to create open, affordable Identity Management solutions for the Education market, is launching at the Educause 2011 Annual Conference in Philadelphia. Based on AegisUSA’s (http://www.aegisusa.com) 7 years of experience and more than 60 implementations of identity management, the new Aegis Identity Software brings to market the only identity management solution built specifically for higher education organizations, TridentHETM. Aegis Identity is marking this launch with a limited-time Customer Advisory Program.
“In the past 2 years, the Identity Management market has experienced dramatic changes, largely unfavorable to the education market,” said Ralph Armijo, CEO of Aegis Identity Software. “We created Aegis Identity Software to deliver solutions that are open, affordable and purpose-built for the unique needs of these institutions.”
Higher Education Requirements
Education organizations face unique challenges. Unlike commercial corporations, academic institutions must create a campus community, recruit and retain students, simplify administrative processes, improve learning experiences, and support research agendas - all while adhering to an evolving list of regulations.
- Tactics: Higher Education organizations are made up of large, transient populations of diverse individuals and distributed departments, all operating under different security requirements, technology providers, and compliance to regulations. Identity management solutions must seamlessly and immediately integrate with these systems.
- Economics: With increasing responsibilities and decreasing budgets, organizations are driven to adopt open standards-based products, that can be supported in-house with lower operations and maintenance costs and no per-user fees.
- Strategic: Many IT managers are challenged to find balance while delivering contemporary learning technologies and maintaining a stable, cost-effective infrastructure. To decrease support costs and speed implementation, effective solutions must align with common technologies found in higher education, such as SIS, LMS and ERP.
TridentHE is the only Identity Management solution built specifically for Higher Education, providing the best provisioning, password management and ID synchronization. TridentHE is an affordable, open standards-based identity solution that provides out-of-the-box integration for higher education environments, including existing and future LMS, ERP, SIS, SSO and LDAP.
Specific product features include:
- Provisioning: Provisioning for users, groups, roles and resources. Supports both role-based and rule-based provisioning.
- Password Management: Including password policy and messages sent over ESB.
- ID Synchronization: Provides password policy, syncing of passwords and reset of forgotten passwords.
- Self Service: Including ability to reset password manage profile and access help desk.
- Connectors: Out-of-the-box inclusion of connectors for Learning Management Systems (LMS), Student Information Systems (SIS) and other applications found in Education.
In addition, through our open architecture we integrate with other IAM-based products, enabling complete solutions for single sign on, directory services and governance and compliance. TridentHE is designed with a flexible licensing model specifically designed for higher education. All connectors and workflows are included in the model, and no per-user fees.
Customer Advisory Program
Aegis Identity Software is announcing a unique Higher Education Customer Advisory Program. Institutions that participate in the new program will be collaborative partners with Aegis Identity Software. Customer Advisors will have a voice in the continued evolution of the TridentHE product, and will be eligible for special license pricing from October 15, 2011 through December 31, 2011.
Aegis Identity Software at Educause
Aegis Identity Software is a proud participant at Educause. Please visit us at the following events:
- Exhibitor booth #1753 and 1755
- Hospitality Reception Co-hosted with Versatile, Inc. October 19, 2011, 7 pm until 9 pm, Philadelphia Marriott Downtown 1201 Market Street Meeting Room 409, Fourth Level
- Market Research Night Co-hosted with Unicon Federated Identity: A Discussion of Values, Challenges and the Future October 19, 2011, 5:30 pm-7:00 pm Pennsylvania Convention Center Meeting Room 115C
Contact: Janet Yarbrough