PHD Virtual Monitor provides a single, comprehensive solution, enabling IT professionals to monitor the health of their entire infrastructure while reducing cost and complexity.
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) October 13, 2011
PHD Virtual Technologies, pioneer and innovator in virtual machine backup and recovery, and provider of virtualization monitoring solutions, today announced the immediate availability of PHD Virtual Monitor for VMware, extending its portfolio of end-to-end monitoring solutions designed for virtualization environments. PHD Virtual Monitor provides cost effective, easy to use, end-to-end monitoring of the entire VMware and Citrix XenServer infrastructure including virtual, physical, application, network and storage resources. PHD Virtual provides heterogeneous support today for VMware, XenServer and Hyper-V environments and plans to extend its monitoring product portfolio to support Citrix XenDesktop® and XenApp™ and VMware View in the near future.
PHD Virtual Monitor is unique and different from other monitoring solutions that typically rely on either agent only or hypervisor only methods of monitoring, which can create “blind spots” in the IT infrastructure. PHD Virtual Monitor eliminates monitoring “blind spots”, providing complete, centralized end-to-end visibility of VMware and XenServer environments through:
- Virtual Infrastructure Integration – Direct API integration with vSphere and XenServer provides detailed metrics and monitoring of the entire virtualization infrastructure.
- Intelligent Agent Technology – A single, integrated, light weight agent provides two key capabilities. First, it captures deep diagnostic information from within virtual machines, including installed applications, that is not available through hypervisor monitoring. Second, it enables detailed monitoring of all physical servers, workstations and installed applications.
- Physical and Virtual Monitoring – Provides true end to end monitoring of not only virtual resources but the physical systems, resources and devices that impact the overall performance of the virtual environment.
- vCenter and XenCenter Integration – Direct integration with vCenter and XenCenter consoles provides single pane of glass monitoring with a consolidated enterprise dashboard.
- Pre-configured Watches and Reporting – Includes over 130 pre-configured watch rules, out of the box reporting, along with easy to use templates for customizing watches and reports.
“IT professionals face a significant challenge today managing hybrid physical and virtual environments,” said Thomas Charlton, chairman and CEO, PHD Virtual Technologies. “Legacy solutions designed for physical environments are difficult to deploy and expensive, while newer products designed specifically for monitoring virtual environments, don’t provide monitoring of physical elements in the IT infrastructure, creating monitoring “blind spots" and gaps. PHD Virtual Monitor provides a single, comprehensive solution that removes these dangerous gaps in monitoring completeness, enabling IT professionals to monitor the health of their entire infrastructure while reducing cost and complexity.”
PHD Virtual Monitor for VMware and PHD Virtual Monitor for Citrix XenServer are available immediately. For additional information please visit http://www.phdvirtual.com/monitor or contact a PHD representative at 1-866-710-1882 or sales(at)phdvirtual(dot)com
About PHD Virtual Technologies
Delivering the highest performance and most scalable cross platform backup and monitoring solutions on the market and pioneer of Virtual Backup Appliances (VBAs), PHD Virtual Technologies has been transforming data protection for virtual IT environments since 2006. Its award-winning data protection solution, PHD Virtual Backup is used today by more than 3,500 enterprises worldwide to achieve unlimited scalability, high availability and cost effective backup and recovery for VMware and Citrix XenServer virtual machines. Its PHD Virtual Monitor provides a complete, end to end solution for monitoring virtual, physical and application infrastructures in VMware and Citrix environments. PHD Virtual also provides a suite of free virtualization utilities to assist with the administration and management of virtualized environments. For more information, please visit http://www.phdvirtual.com.