Halloween is a great time to wear Vedante's Super Reflective POP BANDS. In developing our reflective accessories, we keep both night safety and fun in mind.
Boulder, CO (PRWEB) October 13, 2011
Halloween is celebrated with fun costumes for our children and ourselves, but the time may not be taken to consider safety issues such as nighttime visibility. Every 7 minutes a pedestrian is either injured or killed in a traffic accident with fifty percent of these injuries occurring between 6 p.m. and 12 a.m.
Research shows that children are four times more likely to be hit by a car on Halloween than on any other night of the year. Typically falling at the end of Daylight Saving Time also means that most trick-or-treating will take place when it's dark, making it harder for drivers to spot excited, inattentive kids who may dart out into the road and who may be wearing masks making it harder for them to spot oncoming cars as well.
Vedante provides a solution that is convenient and affordable, and can be part of creating a well-coordinated costume. The company's best-selling POP BANDS™, which pop on like snap bands, use new technology and bright colors to reflect up to 1500 feet, while similar products only reflect 100-600 feet. Yellow and white POP BANDS™ are reflective up to 1,500 feet and are ANSI 107-2004 compliant.
Developed in partnership with 3M, POP BANDS™ are available in a wide array of fun, fashionable colors and provide 360° visibility at night when worn on the arms and legs. Made with a special retro-reflective technology, POP BANDS™ are designed to reflect a large amount of light directly from a light source such as a car's headlights.
"Halloween is a great time to wear POP BANDS™," said Barbara Kantor, CEO of Vedante. "In developing our reflective accessories, we keep both night safety and fun in mind."
Kantor provides a list of suggestions for matching POP BANDS™ colors to this year's popular costumes:
Most Popular Costumes for Girls
- Lady Gaga | we suggest covering your whole arm with Pop Bands in assorted colors
- Cinderella | Blue or White Pop Bands
- Batgirl | Yellow Pop Bands
- Dorothy | Blue or White Pop Bands
- Princess Leia | Pink or White Pop Bands
- Witch | Tangerine Pop Bands
- Bumble Bee | Yellow Pop Bands
- Jersey Shore - Snooki | Pink Pop Bands
- Snow White | Yellow or White Pop Bands
- Princess | Pink Pop Bands
- Zombie | White Pop Bands
- Glee - Cheerios | Tangerine Pop Bands
- Frankie Stein and Cleo De Nille | Green Pop Bands
- Raggedy Ann | create stripes up your arm with Blue and White Pop Bands
- Most Popular Costumes for Boys
- Mad Men - Don Draper | White Pop Bands
- Devil | Red Pop Bands
- Harry Potter | Green or White Pop Bands
- Zombie | White Pop Bands
- Batman | Yellow Pop Bands
- Indiana Jones | Yellow Pop Bands
- Iron Man | Yellow Pop Bands
- Spiderman | Blue Pop Bands
- Incredible Hulk | Green Pop Bands
- Darth Vader | Tangerine Pop Bands
- Knight in Shining Armour | White Pop Bands
- Skeleton | White Pop Bands
- Robin Hood | Green Pop Bands
- Captain America | Blue or White Pop Bands
- Facebook | Blue Pop Bands
POP BANDS™ are available for sale through select retailers, Sears.com, as well as from Amazon. They are available in medium (1.25" x 11.75") with a suggested retail cost of $12.98/pair, and large (1.25" x 14.75") with a suggested retail cost of $13.98/pair and are high-quality and low-cost. Vedante also offers a line of super-reflective pet products, including collars and leashes.
"Now that we are heading into daylight savings time, POP BANDS™ are an important and timely purchase -- with a durability that allows for year-round safety for pedestrians and cyclists," said Kantor. "Halloween is a great time to start thinking about safety, but it's something we should consider every day."
CEO Barbara Kantor founded Vedante in 2006. Barbara's inspiration came during an evening walk when she witnessed a pedestrian being struck by a car. The pedestrian, in a cross walk, was unaware of the driver's inability to see her. Deeply impacted by what she saw, Barbara delved into research on safety and visibility and then studied reflective products that were currently on the market. Barbara's research and her 25 year background in fashion design led to her development of Vedante reflective safety products that are attractive and easy to use.
Vedante is a company committed to saving lives by increasing nighttime visibility and decreasing accidents through education, awareness campaigns, and "fashion that reflects well on you."
Vedante has consistently ranked among the top 10 best sellers in the United States at Amazon.com in its respective categories for super-reflective POP BANDS and pet accessories. To locate a local retailer visit http://www.vedante.com as well as at Sear.com.