San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) October 13, 2011
October may bring cooler weather to North America and Europe, but things are just starting to heat up “down under” as summer returns to the South Pacific. Viator – the leading resource for more than 9,000 tours and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries – offers a variety of summertime activities in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, ranging from the serene to the extreme and everything in-between.
Those in search of the perfect wave – or perfect grape – will enjoy Australia’s never-ending supply of summertime fun, thanks to diverse geography and a long coastline.
- Savor award-winning food and wines on a tour of the Hunter Valley, Australia’s oldest wine-producing region.
- Take a walk on Australia’s wild side with a visit to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, home to the world’s largest collection of Australian native animals (through Oct. 31, Viator members can save 25 percent off admission).
- Watch the sun rise and set over two of Australia’s most iconic landmarks – Ayers Rock and the Olgas – and discover the culture and rituals of the local Aboriginal people on a three-day, four-wheel-drive small group eco-tour from Alice Springs.
- Get the adrenaline flowing with shark diving in Sydney, sky diving in Brisbane, bungy jumping in Cairns, or surfing Sydney’s world-famous Bondi Beach.
- For a day of ultimate indulgence, enjoy a private helicopter tour from Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road coastline, complete with a picnic lunch near the 12 Apostles.
Adventurers on a quest for thrills and adrenaline-pumping action will find New Zealand’s unspoiled landscapes a dream come true.
- Go bungy jumping, white water rafting, or sky diving on the South Island – home to Queenstown, the Adventure Capital of the World.
- Take a helicopter flight over New Zealand’s largest – and active – volcano during a sightseeing tour of Rotorua.
- Swim with the world’s smallest and rarest dolphins, Hector’s Dolphins, found only in New Zealand waters (Viator members save 20 percent off on Nov. 6).
- Discover Middle Earth on a Lord of the Rings tour from Wellington, with visits to various filming locations including the Shire, River Auduin, Helm’s deep and Rivendell.
- Spend two days cruising Milford Sound to the Tasman Sea, passing waterfalls, rainforests and wildlife along the way.
Between the pristine waters and the sugar-sand beaches, Fiji is the epitome of a South Pacific paradise.
- Cruise the pristine islands of Fiji, with various tours visiting Nadi Tivua Island, Castaway Island or Mana Island. Travelers will have many opportunities to go sun bathing, dolphin and whale watching, kayaking, parasailing and snorkeling.
- Hop aboard a two-mast schooner and sail through the Mamanuca Islands to explore uninhabited islands, swim in crystal-clear blue lagoons, and visit a local village for a Kava ceremony.
- Travel through the beautiful Sabeto Valley to the Gardens of the Sleeping Giant, home to the largest orchid collection in Fiji, and enjoy a 360-degree view of the island from Vuda Lookout.
Viator’s Australia, New Zealand and Fiji tours and activities can be accessed through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone and Viator’s mobile site. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Viator® is the world’s leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator– the Latin word for traveler – offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as nearly 300,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator’s in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.