Silicon Valley, CA (PRWEB) October 19, 2011
Moonblink Communications, a value-added distributor delivering wireless and video surveillance solutions, today announced it will provide a new Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS) offering leveraging EMC Atmos cloud storage and local network attached storage (NAS) devices from Iomega. The Moonblink VSaaS offering reduces the upfront hardware investment as well as the ongoing maintenance and management costs – giving resellers an ideal solution for businesses that want to deploy IP-based video surveillance cost effectively.
The Moonblink VSaaS offering enables users to simply connect network cameras and encoders to EMC’s storage platforms. This not only reduces the upfront hardware costs and the expense of running hardware at less than 100 percent utilization, but it also gives businesses the ability to view video surveillance footage from any Internet connected device. Users can also make use of EMC’s Iomega® network storage devices to have redundant onsite surveillance footage that enables them to stream higher resolution and higher frame rate images locally.
“The need for video surveillance in today’s businesses is greater than ever, but often times the initial hardware expense as well as the ongoing maintenance and upgrade costs are prohibitive to many organizations,” said Daniel Redmond, VP of Sales & Marketing of Moonblink Communications. “Leveraging EMC storage, as well as our longstanding partnership with Axis Communications, we are delivering a hosted video surveillance solution that removes the cost barrier – thus making video surveillance simple and affordable for businesses of any size.”
Moonblink’s VSaaS offering bundles Moonblink’s years of video surveillance planning and deployment expertise, which resellers can leverage when planning surveillance networks, with EMC’s information infrastructure expertise, which gives resellers and customers the peace of mind of knowing their critical surveillance footage is safe and secure. By utilizing Axis network surveillance cameras and encoders onsite and EMC Storage at the data center, resellers can offer the Moonblink VSaaS bundle to customers at a fraction of the standard DVR/NVR deployment costs. The solution is truly plug and play – simply connect a camera or encoder to the Internet, enter the device’s serial number into the software management system, and you’re up and running. Footage is stored remotely and that footage becomes fully accessible from anywhere via any Web browser.
The benefits of the Moonblink VSaaS bundle for resellers include:
- The ability to target customers that have traditionally not been able to afford on-site, IP-based surveillance solutions
- The video surveillance expertise and planning consultation of Moonblink as their Value Added Distributor, including ongoing support and business development
- Industry-leading EMC Atmos cloud storage and Iomega local network attached storage (NAS) devices, storage platforms
- A recurring revenue stream, as customers pay per month for the storage they use
The benefits of the Moonblink VSaaS bundle for end users include:
- Dramatic reduction in the upfront cost of video surveillance solutions, removing the hurdles for small businesses to install networks, or for distributed enterprises to expand networks
- Cloud storage ensures zero waste of hardware, as you do not have to buy additional physical storage that is not used at 100 percent capacity. Only pay for what you use, as you use it
- Infinite scalability, as you can add cameras at any time when and where you need them, without additional costly hardware requirements
- For sites with smaller camera counts, the ability to take advantage of IP video surveillance, which provides better image quality, functionality and total cost of ownership (TCO)
- The security and redundancy of having your surveillance footage saved remotely, as well as anytime, anywhere access to that footage via the cloud
“As an EMC Company, Iomega is a strong believer in hosted video surveillance, and our cost-effective Iomega StorCenter network storage devices, complete with the integrated AVHS solution, deliver an advanced yet economical video surveillance solution for today’s SMBs and distributed enterprises,” said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega Corporation. “Eliminating the need for expensive and complex DVRs, as well as reducing the necessity of elaborate onsite infrastructure for low camera count deployments, gives Moonblink customers a more secure, highly available and cost-effective cloud and local storage solution for their IP-based video surveillance needs.”
The Moonblink VSaaS solution bundles will be available immediately. There are four tiers of pricing for the Moonblink VSaaS bundle, which are based on how much data is to be stored, the resolution needed, frames per second (FPS), compression, and the number of days footage needs to be stored. More information can be found here: http://cloud.moonblink.com/buy/tiers.html
About Moonblink Communications
Moonblink Communications is a value-added distributor (VAD) with a targeted focus on wireless and video surveillance systems. It is our mission to provide VARs and Integrators the solutions they need to successfully deploy the best wireless systems available for their customers while providing the greatest value. With a targeted wireless technology portfolio from the industry’s leading manufacturers, we provide a complete spectrum of wireless and video surveillance solutions including WiFi, WiMAX, wireless Voice over WiFi, wireless surveillance camera systems, Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS), license-free and licensed broadband wireless solutions. For more information, please visit http://cloud.moonblink.com/.
EMC and Atmos are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. Iomega and StorCenter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Iomega Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
# # #