Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 18, 2011
WPL Publishing soon will kick off a four-part webinar training series to help professionals prepare for the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Building Design and Construction (BD+C) exam.
The course is designed to provide an intensive and comprehensive review of the knowledge areas required for success on the exam. It is intended to bridge the gaps between other exam preparation resources, such as the LEED BD+C Reference Guide and LEED AP BD+C Study Guide, and provide interpretation and enhanced understanding of key information contained in these resources. To register for the webinar series, which will begin Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2011, at 1:00 p.m. (EST), visit http://tinyurl.com/3pxgnok.
The course, which consists of four two-hour webinar sessions, will cover the following topics:
- Session 1 -- Introduction/Sustainable Sites, Nov. 8, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Session 2 -- Water Efficiency/Energy and Atmosphere, Nov. 10, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Session 3 -- Materials and Resources, Nov. 15, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Session 4 -- Indoor Environmental Quality/Innovation and Regional Priority, Nov. 17, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
The webinar series will help attendees do the following:
- Understand the application of LEED requirements in varying project circumstances.
- Learn about the primary green-building strategies that contribute to LEED credits.
- Comprehend referenced standards and calculation methodologies for key LEED credits.
- Understand how to focus their study and use other resources effectively to prepare for the exam.
The course will include a review of the key elements of each prerequisite and credit in the rating system and use presentation and project examples to help attendees understand the concepts and retain critical information.
Addressing webinar attendees will be Green Building Services Inc. (GBS) principals Alan Scott, who oversees the company’s project consulting on a broad range of project types, and Richard Manning, who has 20 years of experience as a professional architect. Mr. Scott has been actively involved in more than 30 LEED-certified projects and has guided many other LEED “targeted” projects through project design. Over the last decade, Mr. Manning has advised on a broad range of projects in the United States and Canada and has overseen successful certification of numerous LEED projects.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/3pxgnok.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. produces three construction newsletters: Construction Claims Advisor (http://www.constructionclaims.com), Green Building Insider (http://www.greenbuildinginsider.com), and Construction Advisor Today (http://www.constructionadvisortoday.com). The company also hosts webinar series on topics relevant to the construction industry. WPL is on Twitter at CAT_Online.