Emptoris has delivered an unparalleled suite of strategic supply management solutions to actively address a company’s core challenges, whether sustainably reducing costs, managing compliance, mitigating volatility and risk or driving innovation.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) October 19, 2011
Emptoris, Inc. ("Emptoris") today unveiled “The Strategic Supply Management Platform for the Future,” the next evolution of the company’s award-winning supply and contract management solution suite for Global 2000 organizations, with capabilities designed to maximize operational and financial performance and actively mitigate risks.
Emptoris Suite V9 – announced at the Emptoris Empower 2011 customer conference - is the market’s only open, strategic platform that spans the global enterprise and connects disparate systems to provide complete visibility and control over spend, contracts, service providers and supplier intelligence and processes.
“Global companies face an exceptionally complex economic and operational environment that presents significant challenges, but also opportunities,” said Patrick D. Quirk, president and chief executive officer of Emptoris, Inc. “Emptoris understands this environment and has delivered an unparalleled suite of strategic supply management solutions to actively address a company’s core challenges, whether sustainably reducing costs, managing compliance, mitigating volatility and risk, or driving innovation.”
Industry studies show that companies with best-in-class supply management achieve 50 percent greater savings than the average company*. Emptoris’ Customer Loyalty Program, whose goal is to ensure and measure the success of customers’ strategic supply management (SSM) programs, has completed 203 ROI assessments of Global 2000 companies. Those assessments indicate that companies leveraging SSM solutions achieve better than 99 percent spend visibility, confirm 90 percent of contracts under active management and compliance, and secure an average of 11 percent savings on total sourced spending.
Emptoris Suite V9 – The Strategic Supply Management Platform for the Future
Emptoris Suite V9 empowers companies with powerful new enterprise intelligence and program management capabilities, as well as a significantly enhanced user experience, to deliver maximum financial and operational impact. The Emptoris Suite V9 includes new and enhanced capabilities for:
- User Experience and Adoption: Emptoris has invested in a highly-intuitive interface designed to improve the user experience and drive increased adoption – and new capabilities to allow users to “work the way they work.” The new interface, tight integration with MS Word and Excel, broad browser support and new mobile functionality, ensure that entire organizations can collaborate more efficiently across global teams and solutions. Specific user experience improvements and capabilities include:
• New Mobile Specific Functionality: Emptoris solutions and capabilities are now available on the Apple iPad® and a wide array of mobile devices, to support highly global and mobile teams.
• Enhanced Microsoft Office® Integration: The Emptoris Suite now includes tighter and updated integration with the latest versions of Microsoft Office solutions, including Excel 2010 for easy sourcing event data download or upload, as well as Word 2010 to create, edit and negotiate contracts while still maintaining contract controls.
• New Streamlined User Interfaces: Emptoris Suite V9 has a new streamlined and simplified look, feel and function across the suite, which caters to occasional and novice users while still providing industry-leading, advanced capabilities.
• Broad Browser Support: Emptoris now supports all major Internet browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari with no browser plug-ins required.
- Program Management and Productivity: As procurement professionals need to improve productivity and actively monitor savings goals and budgets, develop and assign KPIs, and measure and report on results, Emptoris Suite V9 introduces a new Program Management solution:
• New Program Management Solution: Designed to manage the full lifecycle of procurement and savings initiatives across the global organization, Program Management offers greater control, governance and guidance of programs with a single solution with cross-suite dashboards, task management and tracking, workflows and reporting.
- Enterprise Intelligence: Emptoris Suite V9 introduces new comprehensive suite reporting capabilities that provide visibility and intelligence across a company’s spend, sourcing events, contracts and suppliers. The new Enterprise Intelligence capabilities include:
• Emptoris Suite Reporting: Suite reporting across Emptoris solutions based on the industry-standard BusinessObjects® solution.
• Executive 360° Reporting: A complete executive view of supplier data across systems and the enterprise.
• Virtual Supplier Master with Supplier Discovery: A global master repository for supplier information and flexible supplier discovery capabilities that allow the enterprise to integrate with preferred third-party content providers. This new solution, which complements any Master Data Management (MDM) system, provides the ability to easily aggregate, maintain and manage supplier data and intelligence, enabling informed decisions about the supplier base.
- Financial and Risk Impact: Emptoris Suite V9 helps companies actively mitigate risks by tightly integrating Supplier Lifecycle Management (SLM) with the Emptoris suite – and introducing new functionality for category spend management solutions.
• Supplier Lifecycle Management Integration: The SLM integration facilitates the process of supplier selection and rationalization; enforces all business principles and controls across suppliers; provides capabilities to identify and evaluate supplier risks; and enforces accountability through contracts and SLAs.
• Telecom Expense Management: New Telecom Expense Management functionality includes budgeting and budget forecasting capabilities; unified wireline-wireless portal with credit card support; and mobile device management services tightly integrated with the end-user help desk.
“Our goal with Emptoris Suite V9 is to enable global companies to achieve maximum operational and financial performance by leveraging best-in-class strategic supply management solutions,” said Terrence Curley, SVP, product strategy, product management and development, Emptoris. “The Emptoris Suite V9 platform empowers our customers to achieve their strategic vision – providing their organizations powerful, flexible and scalable enterprise intelligence and procurement program management capabilities – while still providing the IT, deployment and supplier network independence that the global enterprise demands.”
Emptoris Suite V9 will be available to customers in Q4 2011. In addition to an award-winning suite of strategic supply management solutions, Emptoris also provides world-class professional services to help companies drive adoption and expedite roll-out and impact of its solutions. The company has premier partner relationships with leading management consulting firms including Accenture, Deloitte and IBM.
Emptoris, Inc. is a world leader in strategic supply, category spend and contract management solutions that enable companies to maximize financial performance and optimize commercial risk. The company’s suite of award-winning and industry-recognized sourcing, contract management, spend analysis, supplier lifecycle management, services procurement and telecom expense management solutions are successfully used by Global 2000 companies. Emptoris is proud to partner with industry leaders such as American Express, Boeing, GlaxoSmithKline, Kraft, Motorola, Syngenta and Vodafone. For more information, visit http://www.emptoris.com.
- Aberdeen Group, The State of Strategic Sourcing, April 2011
All trademarks, brand names or product names belong to their respective holders. Use of such trademarks should not be misconstrued as an endorsement by any of the trademark owners.
# # #