Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 20, 2011
Atlantic Information Services, Inc., publisher of Drug Benefit News, Specialty Pharmacy News and Health Plan Week, is pleased to announce its November 1 Webinar, Integrating PBMs vs. Outsourcing Services: Strategies for Health Plans. See webinar details at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1p41_110111.
Health plans have two choices for managing pharmacy benefits: using in-house resources or outsourcing to a standalone PBM. Plans such as WellPoint and Independence Blue Cross have jettisoned their PBM units, while Aetna, for example, held onto its PBM and struck a deal with CVS Caremark Corp. to handle certain functions.
During the webinar, a panel of experts will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of integrated vs. standalone PBM models. During the 60-minute presentation and 30 minutes of Q&A, speakers Peter Wickersham from Prime Therapeutics, LLC, Tammie McGonigle, R.Ph. from Aetna Pharmacy Management and George Van Antwerp from Silverlink Communications will provide answers to questions like:
- What is the cost-of-care evidence supporting the integrated PBM model?
- What are the clinical program solutions that leverage medical and pharmacy integration?
- How do data, outcomes and customer experiences vary among the models?
- What are the market trends of carving out pharmacy benefit management vs. carving it in?
- Where will the market go from a PBM model perspective?
- How does an arrangement such as Aetna’s work? What lessons can other health plans learn from them?
- How does Prime Therapeutics work with payers and their owners? How is this arrangement different from other PBMs?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c1p41_110111 for more details and registration information.
AIS develops highly targeted news, data and strategies for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.