With ACUITY 6.0, TCS customers will be able to use both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes and the user’s choice can be determined by each organization.
Auburn, CA (PRWEB) October 20, 2011
TCS Healthcare Technologies, a leading provider of software and clinical solutions for population health management, is pleased to announce the early release of Acuity Advanced Care™ (ACUITY), version 6.0. ACUITY 6.0 is aimed at helping clients comply with the ICD-10 regulatory changes, as well as the HIPAA 5010 transaction standards mandated by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
According to Rob Pock, TCS CEO and founder, “The 6.0 release is now ready for installation, well ahead of the October 1, 2013, deadline for implementing ICD-10.” In addition to the ICD-10 and 5010 requirements, ACUITY 6.0 also includes client enhancement requests designed to make the care management system more user-friendly.
Pock adds that TCS staff and clients have been looking forward to the upgrade, which has been in development since late last year. “Our goal was to have the ACUITY 6.0 upgrade ready with the ICD-10 and 5010 requirements well ahead of the required implementation date,” Pock says, “to allow our clients ample time to schedule and test the upgrade with all other integrated systems.”
With ACUITY 6.0, TCS customers will be able to use both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes and the user’s choice can be determined by each organization. Modified to comply with the new HHS 5010 transaction standard deadline of January 1, 2012, ACUITY 6.0 replaces the 4010 version. The 5010 format will allow the use of a larger field size of ICD-10, among other improvements.
In addition to the regulatory changes and client-requested improvements, ACUITY is also staying up-to-date with technological advancements. The 6.0 release is certified for use with the SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP and 7, SAP Crystal Reports Xi, Citrix®, Remote Desktop Services™, McKesson’s CareEnhance Review Manager® and Milliman’s CareGuidelines® and CareWebQI®.
For more information about the Acuity Advanced Care system, please visit http://www.tcshealthcare.com or contact John Sekerak at 530.886.1700, ext. 211; info(at)tcshealthcare(dot)com.
TCS Healthcare Technologies (http://www.tcshealthcare.com) is a leading provider of software and clinical solutions that support and improve population health management strategies for health plans, insurers, providers, third party administrators, medical management companies, and others. TCS is recognized as one of the premier healthcare software companies in the United States designing, offering, and hosting a number of products and services. The following TCS applications support a wide range of care management transactions:
- Acuity Advanced Care™, a comprehensive and integrated care management software system for Utilization Management (UM), Case Management (CM), Disease Management (DM), and Prevention/Wellness (PW) services
- AcuCare™, evidenced-based care programs, which includes clinical assessments and outcome based care plans
- AcuStrat™, a population stratification and automation tool that turns patient healthcare information into automated, actionable events
- AcuExchange™, a provider portal that allows providers to submit authorization requests over the Internet and collaborate with the payer
- AcuPort Advanced™, a middleware software (Extraction, Transformation, & Loading) solution to link disparate information, from multiple applications into one useful system, and
- AcuTab™, a seamless data-viewing system that allows users of ACUITY to view, search, sort, and report on data from other systems without having to log in to other applications or rely on third-party interfaces.
# # #