Our new platform enables teachers to simply and cost-effectively add video creation assignments to any curriculum, making complex subjects easier to understand and more fun to learn.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 19, 2011
Xtranormal™, the revolutionary online approach to movie making, is moving to the head of the class with its brand new platform: Xtranormal for Educators. Currently used by over 4 million people worldwide, the new education-focused Xtranormal platform offers the same ingenious “If You Can Type, You Can Make Movies” technology with easy-to-use administration tools designed specifically for teachers and students.
“Video is a highly engaging teaching aid, but until now, it has been prohibitively complicated and expensive to incorporate into a lesson plan,” says Graham Sharp, CEO, Xtranormal. “Our new platform enables teachers to simply and cost-effectively add video creation assignments to any curriculum, making complex subjects easier to understand and more fun to learn. I know from experience with my own kids that making short animated movies for school assignments is a great way to engage creative thinking and encourage them to have fun with the learning process.”
Xtranormal for Educators Highlights
- Features simple-to-use video production technology; no experience with video required for teachers or students
- Turns lesson plans and homework assignments into visually rich media presentations; access to over 500 characters and sets
- Provides a secure environment that gives teachers control over homework assignments and distribution, with options to provide feedback
- Offers affordable, unlimited-use subscription of $10 a month per teacher and 50 cents per student
- Available starting October 26th, 2011
For more information about Xtranormal, and to see the site’s new look and feel, please visit http://www.xtranormal.com.
Xtranormal brings movie-making magic to the masses. Their motto, “if you can type, you can make movies,” inspires creativity and transcends generations—from a 4th grade student completing a video project to an affluent advertising firm creating a private label for a B2B client. Xtranormal’s contagious technology has made it a viral sensation, with millions of users playing out their movie-making dreams through the simple act of typing. To learn more, visit http://www.xtranormal.com, Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube.