We also are beyond grateful to partner with Amazon and debut the Corona Indie Bundle in their Appstore for Android, seeing how they’ve become such a huge presence in the Android marketplace in such a short period of time.
Palo Alto, California (PRWEB) October 20, 2011
The 'Corona Indie Bundle' is a pack of five top-selling mobile games created with Ansca’s Corona SDK engine. Following its release on iPhone and iPad just last week, Android users also can now download all five games to their Android smartphone or tablet for just $0.99, with 17% of proceeds going to charity.
“It’s no secret that Corona is a cross-platform game engine and can create apps for a myriad of mobile devices,” says Carlos Icaza, co-founder of Ansca Mobile. “That’s the only way we could launch the 'Corona Indie Bundle' on Android now, just days after we released it on iOS. We also are beyond grateful to partner with Amazon and debut it in their Appstore for Android, seeing how they’ve become such a huge presence in the Android marketplace in such a short period of time.”
The five games comprising the 'Corona Indie Bundle' have topped Android store charts worldwide and sold over 2.25 million copies individually across multiple platforms.
- 'The Secret of Grisly Manor' by Fire Maple Games: Puzzle/story game (think Myst) that has sold over 100,000 copies on iPhone and iPad, and has been a Top 5 paid in the Amazon Appstore for Android and Top 20 in Barnes & Noble’s NOOK Color app store.
- 'Chickens Quest' by GuGuGames: Lemmings-style game chosen as Ansca Mobile’s “App of the Week” in August and deemed “New & Noteworthy” in the Apple App Store in over a half-dozen countries.
- 'Robot 99' by Fu-Design: Team-oriented, multi-touch game designed by NYU Master’s student Keng-Fu Chu as his graduate thesis on collaborative gaming and player interaction. Also became the #3 overall top paid app in the Taiwanese iPad App Store, right behind Cut the Rope and Angry Birds.
- 'Walkabout' by Base 2: Tile-based puzzle game that’s been chosen as Amazon’s App of the Day and made the Top 100 in the Apple App Store in over 15 countries.
- 'Float' by Crawl Space Games: Balloon-juggling game that has topped 1.5 million downloads across iOS, Android, and the NOOK Color since its release earlier this year.
The 'Corona Indie Bundle' has already begun climbing the Amazon Appstore for Android charts after its “soft launch” a couple days ago, so far peaking at #13 among all games and #19 among all paid apps.
With each sale of the 'Corona Indie Bundle,' 17% of proceeds will go to charity. Specifically, the Bliss charity for premature babies in the UK, the Child's Play charity for providing toys to sick kids, and el Dispensario de Managua charity for the poor in Nicaragua.
Corona SDK is free to use for an unlimited trial, with subscription options available on Mac (iOS and Android development) or Windows (only Android development) when users are ready to publish their app.