This year’s line of cost books include more comprehensive data and cost estimating reference materials than ever before.
Norcross, GA (PRWEB) October 20, 2011
RSMeans, North America’s leading supplier of construction cost information and a division of Reed Construction Data, today announced the release of several 2012 annual cost book series.
RSMeans’ cost data provides construction professionals with information and tools to quickly and accurately estimate the cost, size and duration of commercial and residential construction projects.
“This year’s line of cost books include more comprehensive data and cost estimating reference materials than ever before,” said Daimon Bridge, Senior Director of Product Management, RSMeans. “All of the resources included in our cost books combine to help customers safeguard against fluctuating costs and deliver more accurate estimates.”
The newly released books from RSMeans include:
- Building Construction Cost Data 2012 Book: Now in its 70th annual edition, RSMeans’ Building Construction Cost Data features more than 23,000 unit costs for building components, including new data addressing sustainable construction costs. This publication is organized by the latest CSI MasterFormat 2010 system with completely updated and expanded cost data for estimating, planning and budgeting in 2012.
- Assemblies Cost Data 2012: Organized by the UNIFORMAT II classification system for consistent estimating and reporting, the 27th annual edition of RSMeans Assemblies Cost Data has all of the building components required to develop accurate assembly level cost estimates, verify unit price estimates, and update reference information and cost-planning guidelines.
- Electrical Cost Data 2012: With over 13,000 completely updated cost entries covering the latest products, materials, and electrical construction methods including energy-saving light fixtures and devices, photovoltaics, and mass notification systems — Electrical Cost Data serves as a versatile reference to provide the most up-to-date information available to tackle any kind of electrical estimate.
- Mechanical Cost Data 2012: This expert reference guide provides materials, equipment, and labor costs to develop reliable cost estimates for the most complex mechanical construction projects in addition to performing feasibility studies; accessing labor cost data; and analyzing costs.
- Plumbing Cost Data 2012: With the new, completely updated 2012 RSMeans Plumbing Cost Data, customers can progress quickly through specifications and takeoffs; prepare plumbing –related estimates; use the nation’s foremost database of plumbing cost information; and prepare work schedules and estimate duration times.
RSMeans annually releases a line of print-, Web-, and CD-based cost-data solutions that allow owners, developers, architects, engineers and contractors to better estimate and control construction costs. All RSMeans cost data titles include free quarterly updates via email — a comprehensive quarterly report on market indicators and construction price trends.
To learn more about the 2012 cost data series, visit: RSMeans.com. Look for the 2nd edition of Green Building Cost Data and more new 2012 cost data releases from RSMeans this fall.
A division of Reed Construction Data and a trusted name in construction costs for more than 60 years, RSMeans is North America’s leading source of construction cost information. RSMeans offers dependable cost data that is locally relevant, accurate and up-to-date. Available in a convenient book, CD or online format, RSMeans tools are designed to help owners, developers, architects, engineers, and contractors estimate and control construction costs. RSMeans specialists are on staff to assist with cost data and estimating needs. Construction professionals may also utilize seminars and consulting services for added support. To learn more, visit: rsmeans.com.