San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) October 20, 2011
From a rendezvous with a vampire in San Francisco to a date with a dungeon in London, Viator.com – the leading resource for more than 9,000 tours and activities in 800-plus destinations, in more than 150 countries – has a selection of ghoulish and gory experiences for locals and travelers around the world. Celebrating the spirit of Halloween, Viator is highlighting a selection of its more macabre tours and activities for those who want to put a little fright into their sightseeing.
Get Out with the Ghosts in Europe
- A new experience from Viator, the Ghosts, Mysteries and Legends Night Walking Tour of Paris turns the City of Light into an exploration into the darker side that includes a history of murder, executions, rampant disease and a corrupt monarchy.
- One of Europe’s more sinister histories is explored during the Jack the Ripper Tour and London Ghost Walk, led by a certified London Blue Badge guide, in this case, a “Ripperologist.”
- The Venice Ghost Walking Tour tells the tale of six intriguing ghost stories and legends while exploring tucked-away backstreets well off the beaten path.
- Blending history with a bit of humor, but what’s to laugh about when it comes to witchcraft, torture and the Plague – all explored during the Murder and Mystery Walking Tour of Edinburgh.
- Get a glimpse of the darker reality that lurks in the infamous catacombs beneath modern-day Rome and Paris on Viator’s catacombs tours. Take a bike ride through the Roman countryside to explore the ancient Appian Way and catacombs. Or view the extensive underground labyrinth beneath the Paris city surface on a small group walking tour with skip the line access.
- Once the medieval streets are deserted, The Original Stockholm Ghost Walk and Historical Tour uncovers stories of unsolved mysteries, murders, myths and legends.
Frightening Forays in the US
- The extrasensory realm and spirited inhabitants of this bustling neighborhood are explored during the San Francisco Chinatown Ghost Walking Tour. Spoiler alert: Take a sneak peek into the mysteries uncovered during this behind the scenes video from Viator.com.
- With a ghoulish grave-digger as a guide, the Boston Ghosts and Gravestones Tour provides a scary yet fun ‘frightseeing’ experience into the darker side of Boston.
- Travelers can cast a spell during the Cemetery and Gris-Gris Walking Tour in New Orleans, home to Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau and the city’s legendary above ground burial sites.
- The City by the Bay has a unique history replete with ghosts and vampires, as expertly explained by a vampire guide during the San Francisco Vampire Walking Tour.
- From Hollywood to Horror, Halloween Horror Nights® at Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando features all-new haunted houses, electrifying scare zones, outrageous live shows and much more, through October 31.
Step into the Dungeon
Scattered across Europe are a menacing selection of dungeon experiences sure to put any gory movie to shame. Instantly transported to a destination’s darkest days, the dungeon experiences aren’t for the faint of heart. An exclusive look into the London Dungeon will help travelers decide if they’ve got the stomach for similar Viator experiences in Amsterdam, York and Edinburgh – most accompanied with Skip the Line access – especially beneficial during this spooky time of year.
Viator’s selection of sinister experiences can be accessed through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone and Viator’s mobile site. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Viator® is the world’s leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator– the Latin word for traveler – offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as nearly 300,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator’s in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.