Striiv rewards you for all the little decisions you make throughout the day, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator or walking to lunch instead of driving.
Redwood City, CA (PRWEB) October 20, 2011
Whether it’s for heart health, weight control or to improve a mood, exercise is essential, and now with Striiv, fitness can finally fit around busy schedules. Striiv is a sleek fitness device that is always on and always measuring whether walking, running, or even climbing the stairs. Striiv debuts on HSN and HSN.com at 4:00 pm ET/1:00 pm PT on Saturday, October 22nd with an exclusive holiday bundle for $99.95, and is now available for sale on http://www.striiv.com for $99.00.
Striiv motivates activity throughout the day via games, personal challenges, and donation opportunities – all powered by physical activity. Whether buying one for personal use or as a holiday gift, Striiv can transform any moment into an opportunity to get fit, give back, and have fun. The motivation to move is built directly into the Striiv experience. Small, convenient and designed to easily move between a key chain, belt clip, or pocket, Striiv takes active gaming outside of the living room to turn everyday activities into fitness and charitable opportunities.
“Most of us are too busy to fit traditional exercise into our everyday schedules,” says David Wang, CEO and co-founder of Striiv. “But, there are all these opportunities throughout the day to choose to be more active and to move. Striiv rewards you for all the little decisions you make throughout the day, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator or walking to lunch instead of driving.”
Wayne Greenwood, Head of User Experience at Striiv continues: “With Striiv, we’ve added gameplay elements to make movement and activity fun. Now when you take steps, not only can it impact how you feel, but you can also progress in a game, donate to a charity, or beat your own personal best. We want fitness to feel like play.”
Here are the reasons why Striiv motivates activity throughout the day:
- Easy and Convenient: No set-up required and tutorials are built-in. Connect to an online portal via a computer USB port to upgrade new applications and charities, register the device, and recharge the battery.
- Walkathon in Your Pocket: At launch, Striiv has partnered with GlobalGiving so that each step counts toward a donation of clean water to a child in South America, a polio vaccine to a child in India, or to conserving a parking-spot size area of Tanzania’s rainforest for one year - at no cost to the user.
- Activity-Based Games: Striiv games are powered by physical activity. In the first game, MyLand, the more the user moves, the more the enchanted island fills with exotic wildlife and plants. More games will be added over time.
- Daily Challenges and Trophies: Earn trophies and rewards with extra steps and stairs. Unlock challenges based on real-world distances, from climbing the Great Pyramids to crossing the Grand Canyon.
- TruMotion Technology: Striiv’s proprietary TruMotion technology is always on and can sense walking, running, and even climbing stairs or hiking.
Based in Redwood City, Striiv is comprised of a team of world-class game designers, artists, and cutting-edge technologists. Founded in 2010, the company is focused on integrating seamless gaming mechanics across everyday life activities and experiences, especially those that need an infusion of fun to motivate and inspire, like exercise. Their first product, Striiv, aims to start a movement around movement by taking active gaming outside the living room to motivate fitness. For more information about the product and where to buy, visit http://www.striiv.com. Find Striiv on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9veALcUtg0M), Facebook (http://www.striiv.com/facebook) or follow on Twitter @Striiv.