“The battle for understanding the entertainment consumer’s taste profile will be won by those who can accurately substantiate individual subjectivity.”
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) October 21, 2011
Produced by Liquify Digital, Inc., a Seattle-based mobile development studio, Mynd is the quick and easy way to find, rate, and share the best entertainment apps available for your mobile devices.
The iPhone app creates Personalized Taste Profiles for each user by combining machine learning with three curation tiers: Friends, the Crowd, and Blendr’s own vertical Curation Directors. All content can be shared, reviewed, and recommended by the user to boost their network M Score (think Klout for entertainment recommendations) and level up for exclusive benefits.
The entertainment categories curated on Mynd at launch are Games, TV/Film, Book and Music apps with eBooks and Digital Music on the way.
What separates Mynd from other app discovery solutions on the market is network intelligence: the more the user interacts with the network, the more intelligent the network becomes. While users enjoy a clutter-free interface to discover the best entertainment apps available to them, the Mynd team is working behind the scenes to perfect the world's most personalized cross-category entertainment recommendation engine (since you liked this game, you may also like this book) so each visit to the app will be more relevant to each user than the last.
“Entertainment content overload is a real problem and most would agree that current entertainment recommendation engines fall well short of hitting the individual’s core taste profile,” said Greg Martin, Founder of Liquify Digital. “We think by combining three human curation tiers with machine learning that pays attention to both consumer behavior and the emotional value points attached to each piece of content the user interacts with, we can make highly personalized recommendations which may have previously gone undiscovered.”
Martin believes, “The battle for understanding the entertainment consumer’s taste profile will be won by those who can accurately substantiate individual subjectivity.”
Mynd will start as an iPhone app and development for iPad, Kindle Fire, Facebook, and Android is already underway.
In its quest to become the Selection Engine for all of your future entertainment choices, here is a list of features found in Mynd V1:
- Curator Scores + “10 words or Less” Curator Reviews
- 140 Character User Reviews
- Reputation Management System (M Score) tied to exclusive benefits as your reputation for recommending great apps increases
- Recommend for Curation Submissions - Discover deserving apps not curated by Mynd to receive public curation credit and a bump in your M Score
- User Review Upvoting or Downvoting
- Trending Apps
- Real-time Streaming of all Network-wide reviewing, voting and curation activity
- App Screenshots and Pricing Details with Direct Purchase Links
- Keyword and Tagged App Search
- eBooks and Digital Music
- Cross-category Recommendation Engine (Since you liked this Game, you may also like this Music)
- App Repository so you can access all of your entertainment apps directly from within Mynd
- M Score increases/decreases tied to installs/uninstalls/abandons of apps you have previously recommended
Mynd is available now on the Apple App Store.